RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I picked up an 18 late last night and it has worked pretty much flawlessly. I am however having trouble with the keyless entry system. I have to literally put the key in my hand in order to lock and unlock the vehicle and i haven't been able to open the trunk either. I have no trouble whatsoever when in the car or driving. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the issue with the trunk. Did not know the car had to be unlocked. Door is still a problem. The key has to be extremely close to the handle to open or lock

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all,

I picked up an 18 late last night and it has worked pretty much flawlessly. I am however having trouble with the keyless entry system. I have to literally put the key in my hand in order to lock and unlock the vehicle and i haven't been able to open the trunk either. I have no trouble whatsoever when in the car or driving. Does anyone know what the issue could be?
I did notice the first week or so I had trouble as well. It only worked 25% of the time. Either I have found the sweet spot on where to touch handle to unlock or lock or it is learning:) It now 10days in is working 90% of the time. I am thrilled with how the Tech is working based on the chatter I read prior to taking delivery.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey all,

No issue for me. Works every time. First time having keyless so I have been reaching into my pocket out of habit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did notice the first week or so I had trouble as well. It only worked 25% of the time. Either I have found the sweet spot on where to touch handle to unlock or lock or it is learning:) It now 10days in is working 90% of the time. I am thrilled with how the Tech is working based on the chatter I read prior to taking delivery.
I can only pray that happens to me lol. I'm thinking it has to do with the snow covered handles or cold at this point

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had zero issues with the sensitivity of the keyless antennas picking up the key in my pocket. Surprisingly accurate, not overly or underly sensitive. There are a number of antenna locations around the vehicle (see the diagram in the owners manual for locations). Is the issue just on one or two doors? Or is it all of them? I'm maybe testing out each door and trunk individually may give you some additional insight? Wondering if you have a bad antenna somewhere. Also, make sure it's not in your pocket next to a mobile phone or other items that could be interfering with the signal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am having issues with engaging the lock. Sometimes it takes 2 to 4 attempts pushing different locations on the handle and having to press for up to 3 or 4 seconds. No problems with unlocking though. I am bringing my car in for the navigation maps / software to be loaded tomorrow (they did not have time to install as I took the car the morning after the dealer received it) and am going to have service look into the keyless locking issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the issue. The sensors seem to be in between the front and back doors. If you stand closer to the hood of the car it will not lock or unlock. A bit ridiculous but this seems to be it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I found the issue. The sensors seem to be in between the front and back doors. If you stand closer to the hood of the car it will not lock or unlock. A bit ridiculous but this seems to be it.
I don’t know if it’s the same as the ‘16, but I got into the habit of opening the Door with my left Hand. I don’t even have to touch the Handle first, just grab the Handle, wait a split second and pull it open. Also, the Doors don’t need to be unlocked to open the Tailgate on mine, maybe that’s changed for some reason?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts