RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
Each region has it's own recall process. You would need to contact a dealer in your region to see if this software update applies to your individual rig.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
222 Posts
It should apply to all rigs within the manufacturing dates specified in the recall in the region it was issued. Otherwise, it would specify a VIN range.

You can check the door sticker for your vehicle's manufacturing date (month/year).

·
Registered
437 Posts
65,000+ Range Rover SUVs Recalled for Faulty Door Latch

Land Rover is recalling more than 65,000 vehicles in the U.S. for a problem with the doors, which may unlatch unexpectedly when closed. The recall is expected to start in August. The Problem: On certain Range Rover and Range Rover Sport SUVs, closed doors may open unexpectedly, causing the driver to become distracted. This increases the risk of an accident and the potential of an occupant falling out if not wearing a seatbelt. The Fix: To address the issue, Land Rover will notify owners of affected vehicles and update the keyless entry software at no cost. The recall will start August 7, 2015. For more information on this recall, owners may contact Land Rover customer service directly at (800) 637-6837 referencing recall number P068.
Jaguar® Leasing Deals. Find A Retailer.
JaguarUSA.com

Number of Vehicles Potentially Affected: The recall will involve certain model- year 2013-2016 Range Rover vehicles with a manufacturing date between July 26, 2012, and March 9, 2015, along with 2014-2016 Range Rover Sport vehicles manufactured from February 18, 2013, to March 5, 2015. Combined, the number of vehicles covered by this recall is 65,352 units. Source: NHTSA

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/1507_more_than_65000_range_rover_suvs_recalled_for_faulty_door_latches.html#ixzz3fPo9Ko98

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: 65,000+ Range Rover SUVs Recalled for Faulty Door Latch

Falling out if not wearing seatbelt... :lol:
Dont lean on the doors! My car has this issue but I'm not really worried. The doors dont actually open, just sort unlatch and you hear this wind noise and get the door unlocked sign in the dash. It barely opens an inch. A simple tag and the soft close relatches it back up. Only passenger door seems to do this. I just tell my passenger they forgot to close the door instead of alarming them. My GF has had this happen twice, but its no biggie she's super cautious type that always buckles and double checks. You should see her face when I tell her she forgot to latch the door. But then she tags it and it will catch and shes puzzled. I am not about to let on and make her paranoid.

If it ever opens and something nasty happens am sure both me and my passenger(s) will be safe as I don't let anyone ride unbuckled. I was informed the update would be available later

·
Banned
41 Posts

Should I tell my Mother in law that if shes tired to just lean on the door to rest ??

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Should I tell my Mother in law that if shes tired to just lean on the door to rest ??
:lol: perfect huh? Make sure also she doesn't wear seat belt so nothing will hold her in the car once it opens. I think you'll be disappointed though as it doesn't actually reall fling open, just unlatches and opens about halfway but door is still partially closed.

·
Banned
41 Posts

:lol: perfect huh? Make sure also she doesn't wear seat belt so nothing will hold her in the car once it opens. I think you'll be disappointed though as it doesn't actually reall fling open, just unlatches and opens about halfway but door is still partially closed.
Told my wife about the post I made. The sofa had to make due for that night ..lol

·
Registered
70 Posts

Service adviser told me yesterday that this software update that was supposed to be released for the keyless entry module last week but was removed and they are waiting for the newer software so the recall is delayed for some reason.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Dropped my car off this morning for some other work, and was told that the software update to address this recall would be installed today. The service advisor stated that this was a new update, and confirmed jason's report above that the prior software update had been pulled.

E

·
0 Posts

Dropped my car off this morning for some other work, and was told that the software update to address this recall would be installed today. The service advisor stated that this was a new update, and confirmed jason's report above that the prior software update had been pulled.
I can confirm that, too. They updated my RRS just this afternoon.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts

I just arrive back home with the neighbour's rig. This is indeed an all new update from only a couple weeks ago. I was informed that the initial update had issues and the followup was quickly delivered to dealers across all NAS markets.

IF you had the initial update in the 5 or 6 day window when first released PLEASE contact your local dealer for the revised update. I am sure this only applied to one or two folks here as you had to have been on the floor and mentioned the update... but... better safe than sorry. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts