Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for any help or advice with this. The car is a 2004 RR HSE with approx 155k miles.

The key goes in the ignition, unlocks the car, turns, but will not turn over. It keeps blowing out fuse #39. I have tried removing #18 to reset Immobilizer ECU, but it doesn't help. For a while the car would run fine, then I'd be somewhere and it wouldn't start. But before, I could jumpstart it and it would be okay. That stopped working so I replaced the battery about 3 months ago. (The key battery was also replaced a year or so ago.) When it broke down again yesterday, the first time it wouldn't start, when I removed the key, I heard a bunch of clicking sounds, as if the car was locking/unlocking. I haven't heard that sound since. There is power, I am able to turn the key, but the engine won't ignite.

One RR dealer thought the problem was the starter but in the end the starter was fine. He believes there is a problem with the steering column ECU, but initially replacing #39 worked and the car started fine for a few weeks. But now, it won't start at all; I replace the fuse; it won't start; i replace the fuse again...and so on. Could there be something else causing this fuse to keep blowing out? The cost of replacing the ECU was $5-6k, according to that dealer.

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,028 Posts
I would go junk yard shopping find another ECU for the steering column and swap it if thats the issue then the truck should run,
other wise I would be on the lookout for shorted wires maybe under the passenger seat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts