RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turn in the ignition. Started it yesterday and all was fine. Today same condition in that it is up on jacks. I would get the buzzer for a key being in the ignition but I cannot get it to turn. Two keys, wiggling and all and the slight turn you can do with the locked steering wheel. It isn't like how the steering wheel can be in such a position that you need to turn it a bit to let the key turn. Any ideas?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had this a while back. Squirt of oil down the barrel and pulling the key in and out a few times freed it up. Must have been a sticky tumbler in the lock.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Once I engaged the steering lock, and had a really hard time getting the key to turn/disengage the lock, so I try to avoid that now.. :|

Recently, the key was getting more finicky about turning, and a few shots of WD40 into the lock mechanism has made key turning much smoother.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opened at last!

Silicon and teflon and two types of penetrating spray including PB Blaster and Jigaloo and after a few more hours and gently pounding on it...it turned. And so far it has kept turning.

Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts