RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow P38 enthusiasts, my car is acting up once again.
Yesterday i parked it at a shop, came back 10 minutes later and the car doesn't start anymore. Engine is immobilised and key fob doesn't lock or unlock.
I tried synching the key via the door handle method and also i left the key in the ignition lock on all positions for atleast an hour. The led always starts flashing, then stops after a few minutes.
Alarm is not armed as i didn't lock the car when i parked it.
My EKA has never worked.

Does anyone have an idea what i can do?

Edit: Forgot to mention batteries are new.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Do you get 'engine immobilized' on the message center? That would indicate the alarm is in fact triggered and you'll need the EKA (or a working fob, but they can't be synced when the alarm has been triggered) to disable it.

Filip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i try to start it it tells me engine immobilised press key fob. No red light flashing from the alarm system.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you have (access to a) Nanocom Evo ? Do you know your EKA code? What year is the car? I'm trying to ascertain the version no of your BECM ... in a v36 or later the EKA code can be entered via Nanocom (mine's v37/ April 1998). That's the easiest way

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
But if it isn't asking for an EKA (the Message Centre would say Engine Immobilised, Press Remote or Enter Code) which suggests it doesn't have one programmed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts