RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

The keys for my 2007 SC are shot, so I bought cheap replacements on eBay. Took them apart, swapped the ‘guts’ over, and had one of them cut at the local ACE hardware store for $1. Works great EXCEPT the buttons to lock/unlock & pop the trunk don’t work. I tried using the little piece of film from the OEM key and the new one, no dice. Is there a seller of keys that will allow me to swap the guts over and the buttons will work too? OEM part number? Any ideas?

TIA.

Paul.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,148 Posts
If you pulled the battery out of the circuit board in the fob for more than a couple of minutes you need to resync the fobs to the truck. You can find the procedure in these pages somewhere, and you have to do all the keys you have at the same time because resyncing the fobs erases all the old ones in memory. Doesn't effect the immobilizer or starting the truck, just the door locks.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new keys don’t come with the chip or the circuit board- I swapped them over, that’s what I meant by ‘guts’. So they are already programmed to the vehicle. The problem is that the new key doesn’t seem to want to make the buttins work. They do when I’m putting it together, but once the back is on & everything is in place, the buttons quit. So I’m trying to find a key blank that’s closer in tolerances so it will work- or a factory key.

If you pulled the battery out of the circuit board in the fob for more than a couple of minutes you need to resync the fobs to the truck. You can find the procedure in these pages somewhere, and you have to do all the keys you have at the same time because resyncing the fobs erases all the old ones in memory. Doesn't effect the immobilizer or starting the truck, just the door locks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
PaulK, make sure that the circuit board that you moved over is properly aligned to the buttons on the new key fob. When you're closing up the casing of the new fob, sometimes the circuit board shifts and the locations of the buttons go out-of-line from the physical buttons on the remote. Do you hear the buttons click when you press them on the fob? You should hear a slight click if the buttons are properly pressing down onto the circuit board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts