RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading that the IIDTool BT is capable of programming key fobs but I do not see it listed as a feature on the Gap Diagnostics website. Can you confirm this is possible for a 2016 RRS L494 with an applicable key fob?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello Scott

Key programming is supported but only for some vehicles. This info is located in the user manual. The L494 is not one of them unfortunately.

Cheers

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
For anyone else trying this, I just added a key on my 2010 RR (I wanted to update to the newer smaller fob). When programming every time I tried to walk through the process to add the key the iidtool software said that the process failed, then randomly after the third failure I looked at how many keys were in the system and it said I had one more than I started with. So I tried out the new key that it said failed and it worked fine, so even if iidtool says adding a key failed, give it a try and maybe it works ok.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts
For anyone else trying this, I just added a key on my 2010 RR (I wanted to update to the newer smaller fob). When programming every time I tried to walk through the process to add the key the iidtool software said that the process failed, then randomly after the third failure I looked at how many keys were in the system and it said I had one more than I started with. So I tried out the new key that it said failed and it worked fine, so even if iidtool says adding a key failed, give it a try and maybe it works ok.
I went through the same with my ‘12 RRS with a key I bought off amazon for $70. Between the key and not having to buying and installing lift rods, it pays for itself with just that alone.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
8 Posts
Hello Guys,
Can I program new key for my Range Rover 2007 Sport SuperCharged with this GAP tool?

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
8 Posts
Hello Guys,
Can I program new key for my Range Rover 2007 Sport SuperCharged with this GAP tool?
I’ve gone ahead and ordered gap iid tool and a programmable key.

it was super simple to get up and running with it and breeze to program the key.

Gap iid is an excellent tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts