Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Key operated windows. All four down, but only rear up wen using the key??

Hello!
I have an RR Sport S/C 2010. There is som strange behaviour i think.

It says I can operate the windows with the key buttons. When I do that, the windows in all four doors goes down. But when I will close the windows with the same key, only the winows in the backdoors will close? Should it be so? According to the manual all four windows should operate whit this function. Is there a problem, or is there some settings I have missed somewhere?

Plus, I am a little bit surprised that the front doors seems to not have the "one klick" to get the windows up, only down. I mean other cars like my 25 years old Volvo can take up my windows on the driver side just if i touch the button alittle bit harder. Common on all cars I will say.

Any ideas?

Regards
Håkan in Sweden

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Re: Key operated windows. All four down, but only rear up wen using the key??

First I hate you. Not personally but USA spec built rovers windows only go down with key and not up due to goofy govt regulations of safety.

I am not 100% sure but sounds like your window auto stops need re set. It's very simple process and I believe in the manual.

It's basically ignition on but not running hold window switch up till window is all the way up and hold for 3 seconds then hold it down till stop for 3 seconds then release. Cycle power off and on and should be programmed. Repeat for each window not one touch opening and closing. Good luck

·
Registered
253 Posts

First I hate you. Not personally but USA spec built rovers windows only go down with key and not up due to goofy govt regulations of safety.

I am not 100% sure but sounds like your window auto stops need re set. It's very simple process and I believe in the manual.

It's basically ignition on but not running hold window switch up till window is all the way up and hold for 3 seconds then hold it down till stop for 3 seconds then release. Cycle power off and on and should be programmed. Repeat for each window not one touch opening and closing. Good luck
Is the up with key function something that can be turned on by dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thx Brimil1234,
I will try that directly. I coldnt se that handling in the bible-thick manual, but that maybe is becauce im not god at reading the Bible:)
Can I do that progress with all the windows in a row, or should I turn on/off the ignition after each window?

Regards
Håkan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

First, I LOVE you. That helped me, and now my problem is solved!
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts