RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,
I am new to owning a Range Rover and have a question. ( I know this has been covered a thousand times as Ive read some of the threads). My key doesnt work unless you pull the #18 fuse and then replace it. Ater reviewing threads this leads me to believe that it is the steering column ECU. Battery checks out good and no other issues. My question, can i just replace this ECU module in the steering column. And if so whats the part called. Ive seen a few ECU modules on EBAY in the 100-300 range. Any help would be great!

Anton

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Most likely he has a first gen L322. The ECU can not be replaced which is why LR quotes a mortgage payment and first born for a new column. There are however ways to work around the issue that can be found in the L322 section if that is what he actually has.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
OK, you are on the right forum alright, but honestly I have not heard of your issue before, at least not here on the Sport forum. Fuse # 18 in the passenger compartment fuse box controls the rain and light sensor, # 18 in the engine bay controls the heated windshield (if your car is so equipped)... It just doesn't compute. How'd you determine that's the culprit? What happens if you do not remove the fuse? Doors won't open? Engine won't start?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
That is indeed a bummer. I don't think I have heard of the Sport having this issue until now. Knowing LR engineering the ECU is not able to be changed in the Sport either. You may be in uncharted territory. :thumb:

To get you back on the road read through the L322 posts on this topic and install a fuse bypass switch until you can figure things out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts