RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I finally purchased my dream car ? Purchased from ebay and seller not very honest but I love it and will get it right. I cant lock my doors because the truck thinks the keys are in it. I turn the driver door lock with the key and everything locks for a second and then everything unlocks. Im thinking something with the electrical contacts of the ignition switch possibly? I am charging the battery over night to see if that helps. I also read to blow out ignition with air and I tried but no help. Tried electric parts cleaner and no help as well... Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,148 Posts
There is some kind of switch in the the ignition switch where the key slides in and out that knows the key is there, it may be sticking, try to spray a bit of contact cleaner down the key opening in the ignition switch and insert the key and then pull it out a few times to see if you can free it up. Probably just a bunch of gunk, or spilled coffee residue in the switch itself. Mine does it long enough to get the key about a foot away from the switch but it has never stayed on longer than about a second.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts