RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Range Rover 2004 HSE Both key fobs are not closing/opening the front & rear doors/nor the console button to open and close is working either. Two weeks ago I had to disconnect the battery to check on an electrical draw that was killing my battery, I placed a volt meter and in fact there was a less than 2 amp draw. That been said the battery was reconnected. Immediately after this event the fobs will not actuate the opening /closing the front & rear doors, only the tail gate, the console button to open/close will not actuate either and my dome light will not go on when the doors are opened. This is what has been tried to date (11-30-17) unsuccessfully. -Checked every fuse that is related to these functions -Both fuse boxes showed that all related fuses are fine. -New Battery was purchased and installed in the vehicle. -Both fobs were checked for signal strength and they are fine (Snap-On scanner used) -Tried the factory method of reprogramming the keys-not worked -Tried disconnecting the battery cables and held together for 30 secs. to draw all capacitors charge and have the BCU re-learn the processes--not worked. -Tried the you tube video using a 20 OHMS resistor between the negative and positive cable-bot worked. -Tried using scanner to reset the keys/system (Snap -on) by my indy- not worked. This is what works now: The tail gate is opening with the fobs. The windows go half way down when I use the key to open the doors via the lock and hold the key momentarily in the opening position. This has been such an annoying problem yet it is supposed to be a simple thing to do. Is there anything else I can try short of having the dreaded visit to the "dealer"? Thanks Lou, II

·
Registered
385 Posts
Have you checked the BCU (Body Control Unit) codes? If not, do it, and reset faults.

RSW Solutions has the All Comms software and cable to do this. There are others as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the BCU (Body Control Unit) codes? If not, do it, and reset faults. RSW Solutions has the All Comms software and cable to do this. There are others as well.
Which program to purchase?, to answer the question on top I don't know if any codes were present when he scanned the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts