RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck has issues with the key fob. No matter how many times i replace the batteries with brand new CR2025's, it keeps saying Key battery low on my message center. Additionally, the fob will randomly decide to not work at all or work fine sometimes. Also I cannot risk locking with key because it will enable superlock which 95% of the time I cannot turn off (door unlock won't work and key fob decides to stop working as well.) I only have one key and it's gray. It is critical that I get this functioning properly as I start classes this week and don't want to have to leave my truck unlocked just so the engine doesn't lock when I need to come or go.

·
Super Moderator
2,322 Posts
Locking with the key only superlocks if you turn the key twice, just the same as pressing the button on the fob twice superlocks it. Simply locking with the key does not superlock it (and it also doesn't turn on the internal motion detection). It sounds like you have a door latch on it's way out or, more likely, a fob that needs a bit of a service.

·
Registered
107 Posts
One of my fobs had the same issue with the battery always on low no matter how many times I changed the battery.

Turns out it was due to a leg on the metallic springy thingy that the battery is pressed down upon. The positive side.

That leg was supposed to be aligned with a hole with metal surround in the circuit board. It wasn’t soldered. Merely just laying there. Anyway it wasn't in the hole but on top barely in touch with the metal.
When I pried on it and managed to get it aligned with the hole it slid into place and the problem with low voltage battery hasn’t returned.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bryce. I have had the same issue. Turns out just like the guy above me my internal connection on the spring was weak. I had to carefully cut the key fob apart around the sides with a bare hacksaw blade. Slowly and stopping often to check the internals. I bought another key fob and case on eBay for like $5.00 and transferred the guys and the key blade to the new case then once I tested it I superglued it shut. I made sure the key blade would still swing open and closed as it dried. The PCB board is very simple. Clean up your contacts with steel wool or scrap with a sharp knife.
Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts