RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

The range rover letters on my hood/bonnet have turned black (on black truck) and it makes it look old. I want to paint or replace them. any suggestions on improving this?

does anyone have any other suggestions for making your truck from looking like an old clunker?

·
Registered
494 Posts
well at the outset you could replace the lettering or stock up on masking tape and repaint it.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
dealer, ab, rimmers... it all depends on what part of the world you are in as to the closest supplier. THere are many LR aftermarket suppliers out there. You can always check home page as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi--I bought new ever so slightly larger chrome letters on e-bay last year--look a lot better and have not come off

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, are the old ones easy to get off? do you just tear them off the hood or need some special tool lol?

·
Registered
401 Posts
My "V" came off on its own. The rest were easy just peeled off. Some glue was left over which came off with warm water and soap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You are right---getting old one off was hard and old glue was tough-
1st i got a hair dryer and heated up each letter, but before i took masking tape and above letters ran tape strip and marked letter position. Then when letter was off soaked old glue in wd 40 will not hurt paint. Then let sit and slowly removed glue.

New letters were a little larger so i moved each original letter mark out a little and laid out new letters before attaching to see how it would look.

Turned out really good---cost was $30-40

1 - 8 of 8 Posts