RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
So you don't want to go with them 22", have you seen these? They are the RS-300 20" Wheels

We can ship these to your door for $2234

·
Registered
318 Posts
I went to a 5 spoke wheel to avoid the absolute pain and mess of cleaning 9+ spoke wheels. The Brembo's dust like crazy it'd be a nightmare to keep those clean unless you get ceramic pads but then you lose a lot of bite trying to haul down a 5700 lb SUV. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
I went to a 5 spoke wheel to avoid the absolute pain and mess of cleaning 9+ spoke wheels. The Brembo's dust like crazy it'd be a nightmare to keep those clean unless you get ceramic pads but then you lose a lot of bite trying to haul down a 5700 lb SUV. Just my opinion.
5-spoke? That's still more work than I want to do...that's why I went with a 1-spoke wheel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'll see you that one spoke and go to a hubless wheel! The ultimate in low maintenance...think there's no such thing? Think again:

No this is not an optical illusion I've personally seen this they are popular on some bikes and its a mind trip!! My second favorite thing besides a one sided swing arm.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
I'll see you that one spoke and go to a hubless wheel! The ultimate in low maintenance...think there's no such thing? Think again:

No this is not an optical illusion I've personally seen this they are popular on some bikes and its a mind trip!! My second favorite thing besides a one sided swing arm.
Your pic...the real definition of a roller..

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
I'll see you that one spoke and go to a hubless wheel!
Nice...I see your hubless, and raise you...with a single wheel.

Darrin sorry 'bout this, but look on the bright side, free bumps.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Ukraine Range said:

Tell me you're not a fellow unicycle rider as well!!!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
gooseyloosey said:
Ukraine Range said:

Tell me you're not a fellow unicycle rider as well!!!
Sorry, looks like the link busted on me...but, sadly I can't unicycle (or edit my post). I've tried unicycling though and its hard---I envy you :thumb: .

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
The Brembo's dust like crazy it'd be a nightmare to keep those clean unless you get ceramic pads but then you lose a lot of bite trying to haul down a 5700 lb SUV. Just my opinion.
Switch to Porterfield pads. Made from Carbon Kelvar, stops great, minimal dust.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
[quote="Ukraine Range":ugajmwe3]The Brembo's dust like crazy it'd be a nightmare to keep those clean unless you get ceramic pads but then you lose a lot of bite trying to haul down a 5700 lb SUV. Just my opinion.
Switch to Porterfield pads. Made from Carbon Kelvar, stops great, minimal dust.[/quote:ugajmwe3]

Really? I've only had experience with ceramic which I ran on my SRT8 Jeep and provided a noticeable loss in braking power...do you have a link?

edit: porterfield's website only lists rear pads? I only need fronts! I'm desperate to replace my front pads due to the dust.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
UK, you mean you don't like to have to clean your wheels every morning?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
Really? I've only had experience with ceramic which I ran on my SRT8 Jeep and provided a noticeable loss in braking power...do you have a link?

edit: porterfield's website only lists rear pads? I only need fronts! I'm desperate to replace my front pads due to the dust.

Call them at the 949 # listed on the website. They make the Front and rears - I've got them, and there are few more folks on the site that have them too.

Make sure its the R4-S

http://porterfield-brakes.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts