Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Range Rover Classic
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and didn't find anything about K&N air filters as an add-on. Surprised me but I do find the search function to be only modestly effective unless you hit exactly the right terms. Probably operator error of course...

I am only thinking about doing very obvious and easy things like K&N at this point. Have any of you put K&N filters in your L405? Any differences in performance?

Not talking cold air intakes, just the elements for now. This has a CPO warranty and don't want to tempt fate either by doing much.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
No performance gains. Just dirties the MAF with some oil and some times clogs up. They do make some good oil filters though..

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Banned
107 Posts
I've used K+N filters in race bikes for years and years. However, they get cleaned and oiled extremely regularly. I'd not want to move from a dry paper filter, unless it was to a foam filiter such as Pipercross or similar. As for performance gains, you are not going to see much improvement unless you improve the whole gas flow from filter to exhaust tip, and that is a little more involved than just using a different air filter in the standard airboxes.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,591 Posts
If you're in a dusty environment, I'd avoid using higher flow filters like K&N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1990 Range Rover Classic
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.