RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on what happened to justdrive for incontrol apps?

http://www.landrover.com/experiences/news/justdrive-in-car-smartphone-app.html

Seems like it was imminent, then nothing happened. I have Spotify and iHeartRadio with BMW Apps in the 650GC. The full integration into iDrive is a great audio experience.

I downloaded incontrol ahead of my 2016 arrival and it doesn't have anything for justdrive or Spotify for that matter. Am I missing something or is it just not released yet?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
:lol: inControl. Just give up you are inControl of nothing. I would be surprised if you use the useless apps beyond novelty stage. IMHO total waste of money. Welcome to LR, it's a rose of a car. Beautiful but with nasty thorns he he. :naughty: you'll learn to love it with all its thorns you need to be careful not to get pricked.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Any word on what happened to justdrive for incontrol apps?

http://www.landrover.com/experiences/news/justdrive-in-car-smartphone-app.html

Seems like it was imminent, then nothing happened. I have Spotify and iHeartRadio with BMW Apps in the 650GC. The full integration into iDrive is a great audio experience.

I downloaded incontrol ahead of my 2016 arrival and it doesn't have anything for justdrive or Spotify for that matter. Am I missing something or is it just not released yet?
InControl is terrible. If they wanted to, they should have adopted Apple's CarPlay - would have been far more intuitive than what's there now. I picked up my 2016 this past weekend. LOVE the car, but the apps are really useless. The ONLY thing that I think is cool is being able to access your calendar (on an iPhone) if you absolutely need to without grabbing for your phone. That, and the phone app closely mirrors the iPhone functionality (swipe, etc.), but nothing I would ever use. The build in phone functionality works perfectly. The apps remind me of first generation stuff of new technology. Apparently they're coming out with more apps, but at this point, it's not worth it. The best functionality is holding down your Siri button and asking whatever it is you need. Hopefully in the coming years in-car tech will catch up to what smartphones offer. Don't get excited, you'll only be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I downloaded it on to my iPhone the other Day, I haven't driven my Sport for a while so I will today and try it out.

When they say "Microphone" do they mean via the talk button on the steering wheel, or the one on the Phone?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I downloaded it on to my iPhone the other Day, I haven't driven my Sport for a while so I will today and try it out.

When they say "Microphone" do they mean via the talk button on the steering wheel, or the one on the Phone?
So did you try JustDrive Jag?

Yes I did, and I really like it. Thanks for asking. It even tells you what the weather is like, which I guess is for those that are too lazy to look out the feckin' window.

It plays/displays all the music on my iPhone, with Album covers and it has a nice intuitive layout, which looks nice.

Why, it's almost like driving a different Sport!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport with InControl apps. I downloaded just drive but whenever I tried to launch it is says "your vehicle needs a update to use Just Drive, visit your Land Rover Dealership". I visited the dealership and they have no clue as to what I need. I'm really disappointed because this was a pretty useless option at this point and it seems like other vehicles are working fine. Anyone know of any contact information for someone in Land Rover who would know what update I need?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Its a range rover, the electronics bar is very low. Here is what you need to do, that your dealer wont have the patience for. Download the latest update of InControl on your phone, then separately download the the app itself on the phone. Next connect up the phone to the car, then try to use JustDrive on your phone. Disconnect the phone try to use it, accept any requests to allow it to run. Its maddening and there is no logic at all, but I have done this twice so believe me, it works eventually. Connect phone connect InControl and try to navigate to JustDrive within InControl it should have loaded in the InControl. It may fail to launch a few times, but keep trying and pressing ok and allow on all prompts eventually it will remover the stupid looking grayed out key icon and will start working.

I am a software engineer by profession, I want to believe am being objective and just wow.:crybaby2:
I still can't believe they let this out, but I continue to hold out faith they will improve it somewhat. Like most of InControl its worse than beta, and will take your phone's home screen hostage if being used in the car for reasons beyond comprehension in 2015. I won't repeat the clique "you didn't buy the car for the electronics" :naughty:; there is no excuse for the 1990s execution, but it is what it is. It sort of works, it will test your patience and eventually you will stop using it. I hope that helps. If you really want to use it, you'll need extra strong dose of chill pill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts