Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Oval news some new videos about justDrive for the InControl Apps
http://www.ovalnews.com/2014/12/some-new-incontrol-and-justdrive-info.html

Just watched the videos and I'm not that impressed. I think it all sounds great in theory, but time will tell if it all works as designed. Notice on one video the screen blacks out and resets, oops! Some of it looked like it required a lot of eye contact with the screen, which doesn't make it any less distracting when driving.

Disclaimer: Although I make really cool/hip choices in cars :cool:, I am a bit slow to adopt new consumer technologies, not because I don't understand them or think they aren't usefull, but because I tend to go with the old "if it ain't broke why change it" attitude. Although it did look like the system might be able to send out a text message faster than I can type it!

So those of you who are gadget geeks, what is your opinion?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Electronics are advancing so fast I am not really bothered what incar electronics look like because I dont use that much. I just want music source integration, good navigation and thats it. The rest will be stale before the model year runs out. I think the smartphone/tablet mirroring solution is best because you will keep with the times regardless.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Curious - my RRS 2015 arrives Friday. It has the InControl system, do you know if it will come with justDrive or if it's to be downloaded, will my system support it??

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have my RR yet, but based on what I have read, YES, you will be able to download the justDrive to your InControl Apps system.

LR also recently introduced "InControl Remote & Protect" -- as I understand it, you will NOT be able to download or upgrade to this option.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am so frustrated with LR right now. My car comes in this week and I find it ridiculous that my 2015 is already behind the curve!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I completely agree. I'm furious they pulled the surround cameras and soft door close without even really calling it out enough that my sales guy realized it. Then the roof not retracting for the 15.5 folks, pulling anything bigger than 20" tires on the 7 seater and so on. Really stinks!!!

I've got to finalize my wheel choice by tomorrow and completely unsure of my choice and if it is okay or not. Wanted something not super manly but not ugly too. Did a survey out here but just got so-so input.
IMG_1567.jpg IMG_1563.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
989 Posts
I completely agree. I'm furious they pulled the surround cameras and soft door close without even really calling it out enough that my sales guy realized it. Then the roof not retracting for the 15.5 folks, pulling anything bigger than 20" tires on the 7 seater and so on. Really stinks!!!
Could you elaborate on these issues? Are you talking about a base Range Rover?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think WShelley is buying a RRS HSE that is arriving next week. It sounds like he/she made purchasing decisions based on 2014 specs and was not happy with how the 2015 changes affected the order.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think WShelley is buying a RRS HSE that is arriving next week. It sounds like he/she made purchasing decisions based on 2014 specs and was not happy with how the 2015 changes affected the order.
The 2015s have different packages. You are right - the soft closed doors are part of another package - and is eliminated as a standard option ( i think). I believe standard on LWB though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm sorry - yes, that is true. I had a 2014 RRS HSE on order and swapped it out for the 2015 RRS HSE. The change over was really the same except the vision package disappeared as an option and went unnoticed by me (totally my fault...although at that point I wasn't going to wait another 4 months for the 2015.5). I was getting pretty much every option so assumed nothing would disappear. The soft door close, surround camera and ....there was one more smaller option I can't remember, were not available at the time of order. The new white color was another item delayed. I was able to see a 2015 HSE RRS this weekend and it had some camera features but not the full 360. I'm just ready to get the thing.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There were quite a few of us here, who were waiting for the 2015 information to come out so we could get our orders finalized. It was frustrating that LR took so long to release the details. If you were getting pretty much everything ... I would put some of the blame on your dealer who did not cross reference the 2014 vs 2015 specs ... ask for something like free roof rack and side steps!

"I'm just ready to get the thing" -- I know that felling well :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts