Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I live in Shanghai and just got my RRS. Mine is a V6 SC - only - as the V8 is much more expensive locally due to higher import taxes. It's black and I just love how beautiful it looks and performs! I already have plans for it such as fitting the SVR bodykit, wheels and change the exhaust to give it the sound it deserves!

Anyway thanks for having me on the forum. I will post picture as soon as I understand how it works! :)

S.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome we just got ours a month ago and it's the best vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratz ... I dare not ask what RRS cost out there :crybaby2:
If only you knew! Basically around 200000 USD...

Congrats.....now post some pics please! :cool:
Here you go (a bit below). :)

Welcome we just got ours a month ago and it's the best vehicle I have ever owned.
My feeling exactly!

Already purchased the SVR bodykit. It should be there in a few days! Excited!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
They are shrunk by the forum software to save bandwidth and load reasonably sized pages to display on smaller monitors and tablets. Right click and "View" or "Open" on each photo to see it at its full resolution. Nice shots, by the way.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
No idea why the pictures are so small. I did reduce them to 1024x768 pixels to fit the screen.
Because this is not a photography site or a source for advertising materials. In a tech forum you don;t need great big hurkin photos at high res. Photos are resized and dropped in res so they don;t take up 20MB each and hog the screen needing folks to scroll to see the entire photo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are shrunk by the forum software to save bandwidth and load reasonably sized pages to display on smaller monitors and tablets. Right click and "View" or "Open" on each photo to see it at its full resolution. Nice shots, by the way.
OK didn't know this feature! Now I know thanks!

Great pictures, your Rig Rover looks awesome!
Thanks mate! Can't wait to fit the SVR bodykit! Sourcing an exhaust now. I think it's too quiet now! :)

Because this is not a photography site or a source for advertising materials. In a tech forum you don;t need great big hurkin photos at high res. Photos are resized and dropped in res so they don;t take up 20MB each and hog the screen needing folks to scroll to see the entire photo.
I did reduce their volume already and hosted them on a hosting website because I know about the bandwith issue but OK I get it, every forum has its own rules. No worries. Nice forum by the way. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I was sourcing an exhaust locally and found only two options: The first is Sebring which I know and then the tuning shop I usually go at told me about Xcentric which is a new brand. The quality seems to be higher than Sebring and they said that being new, the brand can offer some discount if I can let them use the car for promotion purpose which I did!

Long story short, I let them use the car and they installed the exhaust. It requires a bigger cutout than the OEM exhaust (being quad style) but they said that it will fit perfectly with the SVR bodykit (I hope!).

A few pictures with the exhaust on:

The exhaust tips stick out a bit too much but they said it will be fine with the bodykit on. Fingers crossed. The sound is amazing though. I will try to get you a video clip! Once the bodykit on, they want to use for a short film which is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And here we go! The SVR bodykit has been fitted and painted. It just looks so good with it. I saw the LUMMA bodykit recently but it was too aggressive. The SVR one fits the car like a glove! I am tempted by the LUMMA roof spoiler though...

Quick pictures:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover

Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Car Automotive tire

I lent the car to the exhaust guys to make a short video clip. So far so good!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah it is pretty big but you should see what the locals drive here! A lot of bicycles of course but Hummers, Tundras and GLs are also quite popular. :mrgreen:

The exhaust has an amazing sound. I can't be happier with the outcome. It has a remote control valve system but I didn't even bother to install it. It's always open and even the wife likes it so it makes me the happiest man ahah.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes!!! There is a longer video they posted on facebook too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03R_I_XcdY0

Sooo happy with the sound, never thought I could get this kind of result from a simple middle pipe + mufflers system.

The only thing I am starting to be fed up with is the parking radar which gets all crazy even if there is absolutely no obstacles! I think I saw a thread about that on the forum.

Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,591 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do they have any plans for the SCV8? The note is great, would love to hear their execution of the v8. Also, is this company based in China, or did you get it imported?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.