RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member, I just purchased a 2014 Autobiography: Silver exterior with Navy and Cirrus interior. Low mileage car in excellent condition, but missing some things. I need some help identifying what should have came with the car and resources to find the replacements.

1. owners manuals: there are several sets for sale on e bay, they are all slightly different. Can someone list what should be included in the manual set for an autobiography?
2. Rear cargo cover, I think I need cirrus to match the two tone
3. I have the Range Rover rubber floor mats, but no carpeted floor mats.
3. should I have a ski bag?
4. I have a pouch with strap and hooks in the spare compartment, plus I can see the jack. Any other tools in the spare compartment?
5. BTW, the car came with a full size 22" autobiography wheel!
6. I have the remote control and two headphones.
7. there's a thin 4x6" box in the glove box with styrofoam in it but nothing else. What came in this box?
8. Does Land Rover reproduce original window stickers?
9. There's a small black box attached to the windshield behind the rear view mirror (right hand side). What is it?
10. I am disappointed to see that I can't receive TXT messages after linking my phone. Any chance that this was added with a software update?
11. On my trip back from buying the car I noticed that the climate control had a hard time keeping me comfortable. Despite putting everything on auto and setting the temperature to 69, I found that I was too hot when the sun was out and too cold at night. Other cars I've owned seem to adjust to the conditions. Also, there's more fan noise then I expected from a high end luxury car in auto mode.

Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
falconsprint; said:
11. On my trip back from buying the car I noticed that the climate control had a hard time keeping me comfortable. Despite putting everything on auto and setting the temperature to 69, I found that I was too hot when the sun was out and too cold at night. Other cars I've owned seem to adjust to the conditions. Also, there's more fan noise then I expected from a high end luxury car in auto mode.

Thanks in advance, Dave
Hi.
Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase. I can only comment on the last question.
Yes, I've noticed the same thing when I got my RR. It's been always enough for me to put temperature to 70 in Lexus and 68-70 in any MB that I owned. I put 65 and even lower in RR depending on the outside temp, but it's working fine. I have not noticed any louder fan noise than usual.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
1: owners manuals are the same across all trims. Additional manuals will be included for items like deployable side steps executive rear seating etc.
2: personal choice
3a: buy some then, the original carpeted mats were most likely worn out
3b: do you ski?
4: I've never inventoried the spare well.
5: okay
6: okay
7: Never seen a box in any of the 405s I've driven or worked on
8: no
9: rain sensor
10: no
11: I have never noticed any issue with the climate control on any Range Rover product since around 1995.

As this is an older car there are bound to be things that need attention. Have you gone through the basics like making sure all minor maintenance is completed or checking fluids and inspecting filters. Cabin filters are often ignored. You should inspect your's for obstruction if you experiencing a loud fan or reduced heating and cooling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll check the cabin air filters. I wouldn't say the hvac fan is 'loud', just louder than I was expecting compared to other cars that I've owned. It also stays at the same air spreed throughout the trip. Other cars I've owned start out at a faster air speed but then slow down once the cabin has reached the desired temperature. Perhaps I'm being too picky.

I'll be making sure all maintenance is up to day over the next few weeks. I'll also have a dealer look it over.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Other cars I've owned start out at a faster air speed but then slow down once the cabin has reached the desired temperature. Perhaps I'm being too picky.

I'll be making sure all maintenance is up to day over the next few weeks. I'll also have a dealer look it over.
Hello Dave, and welcome. I have a 2014 ATB, V8 diesel and my HVAC is the same as yours with regard to the fan speed. I find that turning down, or increasing the temp will initiate a fan speed change so I don't think this is a problem with your car. When the fan noise really begins to bother me or the passengars, I just use the speed adjustment to turn it down a notch. The temp regulation will still function automatically I believe.

Point 10. Mine doesn't either, and no, an update will not make it available as far as I know. You should never, ever, ever be reading or sending texts whilst driving in any case so I don't let it worry me. The consequences can be severe, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SpScVCfAI, don't watch this if you are in denial of the dangers or squeamish.

Point 3. It was not standard, but eBay will offer one up.
Point 7. No idea.
Point 8. Mine has no window stickers, what do you think you are missing?

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've adjusted to the fan noise. The HVAC is doing a good job on my daily commute keeping the cabin at my preferred temperature.

I agree distracted driving is dangerous. The Chrysler 300C I rented last month would read txt messages through the audio system. Not display them on the screen. I'll be fine without the feature.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found this weekend that the climate control has a settings menu where you can adjust the 'auto' intensity to low, medium or high. My car was set to high. Now that I set it to medium the fan noise is where I would expect it.

·
Banned
107 Posts
How can it be auto, if you can adjust it manually? I thought this was odd when I found that out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've collected all of the missing items. Spare key, floor mats, cargo cover and owners manual. Here are some pictures. I selected this car for the interior color combination (Navy/Cirrus) and the excellent overall condition (despite the missing stuff). Here are the pictures. Next step is a detail and some paint protection.
IMG_20180101_100419small.jpg IMG_20180101_100828small.jpg IMG_20180101_100757small.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great looking truck. Congrats!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a awesome deal on 20" Rims with Nitto Terra Grappler tires (285/50R20) already installed. Put them on for a trial fit and no clearance issues. They ride smooth with some tire noise. The truck felt a bit more wallowy at first but has since settled down. Could that be the adaptive suspension 'adapting'?

I'll take them off soon and go back to the 22's. I need to plan an adventure nearby soon where I can try them out. Any recommendations in the SF Bay Area?
nitto-1.jpg nitto-2.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts