RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, great forum you have here. Just purchased a 2008 SC with 11k on the odometer, thus the reason to seek out and join this forum. We have had it for four days now, my wife was driving an Escalade so this is kind of new and exciting for her. A couple of issues we have noticed already, the Sirius radio and memory seat function reset yesterday for no reason (kind of scared we already have an electrical problem), the voice command is very cool, but i guess it does not understand Texan (is there any tricks to make it work better), and the big one is she really felt comfortable with on-star on her old car, (is there some sort of aftermarket service out there)? thanks for help, cheers nick

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well one thing I can think of that might have messed up the memory function is the use of different keys. In the RR each kay has its own memory linked to it so that each driver can have their own key and settings in the car. If you haven't been swapping keys I don't really know what the issue could be. The voice commands have never seemed to work that well for me. I find it helps to speak in a normal voice and talk to the area near the rear view mirror (that's where the mic is).

Congrats on the new purchase

·
Registered
952 Posts
+1 on the different keys rather than an electrical problem.

And I don't understand Texan either by the way :D

D

·
0 Posts
nmaschas welcome to RangeRovers.net,
Don't worry much about those issues, it probably is the different keys. If not, your local dealer will get it sorted for ya.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats.... How much did you pickup that bad boy 4?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dsunnym1 said:
Congrats.... How much did you pickup that bad boy 4?
got it for 60k, probably could have done a little better but we traded in her car and got a really good trade in for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys, two more quick questions.
1) can i have the horn blow when the car is locked, or is the light flash the only indicator?
2) the doors will not lock when the car is being driven, i read that the it defaults is at 10mph, but this does not seem to work, anything I can do or is the dealer the only option to fix this?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
cheers
Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts