RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our first RR and previously we have always had German monsters with huge horsepower. So the refinement of the TD6 and the great fuel economy and the ability to tow rather heavy if needed is all pretty awesome!

We made it almost 26 hours before our first Check Engine Light Came on a solid orange light no flashing (the iphone app says engine management), is this a pretty common occurrence on the diesel? There does seem to be a DEF burning smell almost like what you would smell during a regeneration cycle. Moving forward is this something that people just clear on their own with a bluetooth OBDII scanner? Of course with the truck being less than 2 days old the dealer can handle this one.

Second question? What are people doing to mount their phone? On our e63s wagon we had a great Kuda leather mount, that also charged the phone but I was wondering what people were using and liking...especially for WAZE.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Of course it is not a common occurrence. Remember that diesels were held at port longer for EPA approval than the V8s. Let the dealer take care of it since that is what the service folks and warranty is for.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Never had a check engine light on my TD6, dealer will have to sort it out. As for phone holders, I just leave my X in the cup holder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too just picked up my new RR 18 HSE TD6 - beautiful car but several gremlins already.

1) Warning light with 250 mile countdown on Adblue problem "No engine restart in 246 miles Diesel Exhaust Fluid dosing malfunction Press OK to clear". Scary message when we're about to drive 450 miles round trip up skiing. Message went away after car rested for an hour. Dealer checked and couldn't replicate or determine issue. This happened within 200 miles of new. Chaulked it up to sitting in US Baltimore port for 2 months in freezing weather waiting to be released. Same issue just happened again with about 1400 miles on car - back to dealer but no additional answers...
2) Steering wheel left button cluster (which includes menu, volume, radio channel change etc) works intermittently. Works for a while, sometimes for a day or two but then doesn't function at all.
3) Seat massage function works intermittently also. This is not just the 30 minute auto shut-down feature -- simply fails to function and doesn't reset or start functioning when car is restarted. It just randomly started working again.
Anyone experience any of these issues? Any suggestions? Not feeling warm and fuzzy about my ownership experience at this moment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I too just picked up my new RR 18 HSE TD6 - beautiful car but several gremlins already.

1) Warning light with 250 mile countdown on Adblue problem "No engine restart in 246 miles Diesel Exhaust Fluid dosing malfunction Press OK to clear". Scary message when we're about to drive 450 miles round trip up skiing. Message went away after car rested for an hour. Dealer checked and couldn't replicate or determine issue. This happened within 200 miles of new. Chaulked it up to sitting in US Baltimore port for 2 months in freezing weather waiting to be released. Same issue just happened again with about 1400 miles on car - back to dealer but no additional answers...
2) Steering wheel left button cluster (which includes menu, volume, radio channel change etc) works intermittently. Works for a while, sometimes for a day or two but then doesn't function at all.
3) Seat massage function works intermittently also. This is not just the 30 minute auto shut-down feature -- simply fails to function and doesn't reset or start functioning when car is restarted. It just randomly started working again.
Anyone experience any of these issues? Any suggestions? Not feeling warm and fuzzy about my ownership experience at this moment.
My steering wheel buttons work some times / some times do not. Hopefully they will update

passenger seat massage does not work at all

something to to remember on diesels that use adblue....it is an organic fluid that can expire or go bad (if spoiled form heat). It also can freeze in extreme temps. read up on it, Ive had many diesels and had bad adblue before. Its not a big deal but spoiled adblue will throw a truck for a loop

I have a v8 now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting - I had a VW Touareg diesel just prior. Never had an issue with Adblue failing. I understand that the fluid can get airbubbles sitting in extreme cold that can produce a sensor fault, but I doubt that was the case most recently as it is garaged in a balmy enough 50 degree garage and I drive it regularly. Re steering wheel buttons - dealer thought it may be a software issue (but no updates yet from LR) and has heard from at least one other new car customer of the same issue. I wonder if it might be a hardware issue. Love the capabilities of this car off road and wanted another diesel for range, torque and mileage but LR is not helping its reputation for spotty reliability here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My seat massage acted wonky the first few weeks. Sometimes the driver seat worked, sometimes not. Same with passenger side. Sometimes the two seats would sync to each other. For the first two weeks the driver's seat would always reset to Wave.

All of the issues have sorted them selves out now, except maybe one (may be like this by design) -- after the massage cuts out after 30 mins, I can't restart it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 and the passenger massage function works intermittently after one cycle. Last night backing out of my work parking lot, the video cameras didn’t work. I even stopped and shut the vehicle off to no avail. After I got home and the vehicle set for 30 minutes they started magically working again. It’s hard for me to not get hung up on this sort of thing, especially coming from German brands where this just doesn’t really happen. But, these forums and many reviews are full of comments like these I just didn’t think it was really that common.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Its a shame...I love the range rover, this is my 4th one....but am really disappointed in the bugs

My wife has a 2018 G63 (last gen of the old body style). It is so simple makes me wish Range Rover was still that way

Oh how I miss an analog spedo

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 and the passenger massage function works intermittently after one cycle. Last night backing out of my work parking lot, the video cameras didn’t work. I even stopped and shut the vehicle off to no avail. After I got home and the vehicle set for 30 minutes they started magically working again. It’s hard for me to not get hung up on this sort of thing, especially coming from German brands where this just doesn’t really happen. But, these forums and many reviews are full of comments like these I just didn’t think it was really that common.
I've had this happen twice to me, and both times were when I remote started the car. By any chance, did you remote start it when it happened to you?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The cameras don’t seem to work when the car has been sitting for several hours and you start the car from your phone. In addition the left steering wheel cluster won’t work either

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I did in fact remote start the vehicle. In several instances the left functions do not work, especially when hitting OK. It’s not just limited to remote starts in my case. After the video cameras failed to work, I did stop and shut it off but that must not have been not enough to reset the system. We should start a de-bugging thread on this forum. If I didn’t just spend an embarrassing amount of money, this might be funny. But, it’s not.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
We should start a de-bugging thread on this forum. If I didn’t just spend an embarrassing amount of money, this might be funny. But, it’s not.
Totally agree. A debug thread would be good.

I’ve also noticed it’s not related to the remote start. Im really feeling it’s got something to do with auto height access? I back into my driveway and I’ve been putting the car into access height before I start reversing and so far my cameras and my volume controls work.
Might be just an odd coincidence?

On another note. When it’s dark and you turn the lights in the car on. Does your centre stacks delaminate?

IMG_1312.JPG

I should probably actually put this in the debugging thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts