RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

New to the forum, just picked up a brand new MY09 RRS s/c here in Calgary, AB.

This is my first Range Rover, and I have to say my first impressions haven't been great.

Firstly, the vehicle is absolutely awesome, and drives like a dream, so no problems there. My poor impression has to do with the god awful dealership that we have here in Calgary. Terrible since the moment I walked in the door, and gave me the worst new car delivery I have ever experienced.

I bought the vehicle with only 25 KM's on the odometer, at around the 200 km mark it threw a CEL. The vehicle felt fine, however yesterday I took it to the dealership where they reset the CEL and confirmed nothing was wrong. Last night, I got another CEL and the vehicle has only 350 KM's on it. Is this a common problem of any sort, or is there something I should be aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Volinder
Calgary, AB, Canada

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would think being brand new, that it can be fixed without issue. I have not heard of anything related to this specifically.

However, I will say that when it came to the RRS, this was a vehicle I had NO problems with buying used. The service records and maintenance history give a great indicator as to how problematic they can be. I saw some where the electrical system was serviced 6 times in 40k miles, so I steered well clear. The one I bought had only minor issues, non electrical.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
One real simple thing to check first, check that the gas cap is fitting properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts