RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

We have just purchased a L405 from a respected dealer.

One of the selling points for me was the 825W Meridian speaker system. This was mentioned on the listing also.

So this morning, packed up the family, agreed a price, did all the finance px and paperwork and drove home.

When I was home I noticed that the speaker system seamed a little weak (we have 3 children so didn't pump it up on the way back home!)

Did a VIN check and it looks like the car actually has the 380W speaker system and NOT the 825W as stated by the dealer.

I'm wondering now what my options are going forward with the dealer?

It may seem petty but after the important previous owners, history, mileage and price, this extra was the one that I genuinely looked forward to having and we had turned down so many others because this extra wasn't included.

I probably won't be sending the car back within the 14 cooling period, but do I have a case to contact the dealer and request some money back?

Obviously, this premium we paid for a phantom extra will hurt us financially when the time comes for us to resell.

Any help truly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
952 Posts
It would be a pretty big deal to me. Quality sound system is something I never hesitate to spend on in my vehicles as it's used every single time I drive. You sure you don't have it? Does the sound system offer the setting of Meridian processing? The Meridian system is good, not the best in the industry, not even the best available in the L405, but the base sound is lacking. I'd be tempted to return it. Or be compensated considerably.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would be looking to return the vehicle. If this was a feature that you wanted, and it should be because as Remington says it is something you use every day, then it will start to eat at you. I had this many years ago with an Audi where due to a screw up they deleted the electric windows in the front. I hated that car every day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have spoken to the dealer and he has mentioned they work from a Spec list given to them.

He's mentioned he feels as betrayed as I am and has contacted JLR himself... Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be a pretty big deal to me. Quality sound system is something I never hesitate to spend on in my vehicles as it's used every single time I drive. You sure you don't have it? Does the sound system offer the setting of Meridian processing? The Meridian system is good, not the best in the industry, not even the best available in the L405, but the base sound is lacking. I'd be tempted to return it. Or be compensated considerably.
Positive I do not have it.

I do not have the option to change the Meridian channels to 5.1 etc... Just Bass/Treble/Sub.

:(

·
Registered
389 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I would've returned for replacement vehicle. Hi

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can retrofit the bigger system - i have just read about this in another forum - the wiring is there - the dealer just needs the parts and the codes from JLR in order to make it work - aks your dealer to do this - otherwise i would return the car, cause the bigger sound system is so much better - believe me i have it ;)

·
Banned
93 Posts
Dude as a big-time audiophile myself I would return the car and get another one with 1700 Watts and 29 speakers (Meridian Signature Reference System) and then pop in a CD or DVD-A of "1812 Overture" or "Pines of Rome"!!

825 Watts? HA!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,154 Posts
I imagine JLR will make it right since its their goof. The dealer should be somewhat at fault too since they didn't check the spec before you took delivery. I absolutely would return the vehicle and not "live with it."

I've heard the base stereo on loaners and it is awful, no way I could live with that on a daily basis.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Banned
531 Posts
Unless they heavily discount the vehicle I would return it.
If they do give you a substantial discount you may want to look into improving that system with aftermarket bits however I am a huge fan of factory integration and fitment.
I do not like taking apart interiors because you will have broken clips, tabs, rattles, creaks, squeaks etc. and then you will have to add dynamat and acoustic foam to really round out the installation. Long story short, return the vehicle unless they offer you enough to look the other way on the mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts