RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
31 Posts
Just did the same thing, trade an e63 wagon. Getting almost triple the fuel mileage of the wagon! Went exactly 26 hours before my first check engine light....LOL.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
You will be pleased with the fuel mileage almost 600 miles per tank
Not really true...I love mine...but the DTE will never show more than 420 miles after a fill-up....as there are only 18.5 usable gallons in the tank....When JLR advertised 600 miles it took into account the reserve that you really can't use and even then you would have to be so careful with the throttle as you would have to average about 27+ MPG....but I still do love it...

·
Registered
952 Posts
DTE will vary on your driving style and will change over time. On a highway road trip you will get 28 MPG. And I haven't found that driving gently varies mileage a lot, this engine seems to have a fairly finite range of economy regardless of how you drive it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not really true...I love mine...but the DTE will never show more than 420 miles after a fill-up....as there are only 18.5 usable gallons in the tank....When JLR advertised 600 miles it took into account the reserve that you really can't use and even then you would have to be so careful with the throttle as you would have to average about 27+ MPG....but I still do love it...
I am averaging 29 MPG in Florida .. and range states 540 miles each time I fill up..

getting 33 MPG on highway ....

Admittedly I don't drive aggressive at all .... I have another car for that !!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
You will be pleased with the fuel mileage almost 600 miles per tank
No idea where/how you drive but I'm lucky to see 650km (400 miles) let alone 600 miles...

Our 2016 seemed to get a little more mileage out of every tank, closer to 750km (460 miles) but 600 miles? I don't even see our car doing that on pure highway.

·
Registered
952 Posts
No idea where/how you drive but I'm lucky to see 650km (400 miles) let alone 600 miles...

Our 2016 seemed to get a little more mileage out of every tank, closer to 750km (460 miles) but 600 miles? I don't even see our car doing that on pure highway.
I've done it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Perhaps it's the way she drives or the fuel we use 47 cetane but in town she averages 27 to 28.5 and on the road around 30.1 to 30.5. Fuel mileage for us is very satisfactory

perhaps im a little aggressive at 600 but I believe I said almost 600 and from memory as the last trip we took it on was two months ago. Sorry to mislead

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
it totally depends on your driving style and conditions (including weather). there's no 2 people who could get the same fuel economy with the very same car on the very same route for an extended period of time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts