RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Rafa - as per my earlier note in this forum....the turkish guy that I bought my running boards from (the one I was reluctant to buy from) happily collected my $400 and has moved the ship date from last weds to yesterday to today...and now radio silence. pulling my paypal money back if no word by tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
TripleE said:
Off topic observation. There is no rubber liner on the wheel well; wondering if you removed it or if you were unaware that it was missing. :thumb:
I didn't know there was supposed to be a rubber liner on there. I purchased the vehicle used......maybe it's not on the 06 models?
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
REDROVER said:
Rafa - as per my earlier note in this forum....the turkish guy that I bought my running boards from (the one I was reluctant to buy from) happily collected my $400 and has moved the ship date from last weds to yesterday to today...and now radio silence. pulling my paypal money back if no word by tomorrow.

RED, sorry bro!. Give him until Monday, isn't he the same dude that RRSupercharged888 bought from? If by Monday (Istanbul time, formerly Constantinople) there's no response then go "shock and oh" on the mother lover.

Rafa
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
RRSupercharged888 said:
TripleE said:
Off topic observation. There is no rubber liner on the wheel well; wondering if you removed it or if you were unaware that it was missing. :thumb:
I didn't know there was supposed to be a rubber liner on there. I purchased the vehicle used......maybe it's not on the 06 models?

Mine is an 06 and it has them. Was the car/fender repainted? are they all missing? there should be one on each well.

Here's for the front, #14
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.c ... atalogid=0

Here's for the rear, #11
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.c ... atalogid=0


It says that it's for 2009 but they're the same for 06-09


Rafa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the info and links rafa. I just checked the car and it has that piece on all the wheel wells with the exception of the front right. As far as I can tell the car has never been repainted (checked under the moldings, etc). Not sure why it's missing. The only real repair work other then regular maintenance according to the service records and car fax was to the airlift suspension. Some pump had to be replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here are a few profile pics of the vehicle with the boards installed. I have since moved/re-aligned the boards to the correct position since I took the pics. You probably can't tell but they were positioned a little too far back towards the rear of the vehicle.








 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
Time to take that hog wheelin and get it high centered. I always wondered it those boards will wedge your doors shut if you high center on one of them. Umberto - you seen that happen on any of your SoCal trips?
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
RR it came out sweet.
Now as far as function, are you using them, do they help ingress or just egress. I think I want to get them just so my son, and everybody for that matter, can access the vehicle more comfortably .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Rafa.....I only use them when I get out of the vehicle as it prevents me from constantly sliding/rubbing the leather seat. I figure it will save some wear and tear on the leather down the road. My biggest reason for the purchase was for 3 year old. She can now get in and out of the rover on her own. Even though my wife was against the purchase I catch her using them too `).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
RRSupercharged888 said:
My biggest reason for the purchase was for 3 year old. She can now get in and out of the rover on her own.
Not that she needs convincing, but that will be a great reason in about another year for me to get some sliders. `)

Love those wheels; they're my favs. :thumb:

EDIT: Britax I see.....same here, Cowmooflage to match the ivory though.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
RRSupercharged888 said:
Rafa.....I only use them when I get out of the vehicle as it prevents me from constantly sliding/rubbing the leather seat. I figure it will save some wear and tear on the leather down the road. My biggest reason for the purchase was for 3 year old. She can now get in and out of the rover on her own. Even though my wife was against the purchase I catch her using them too `).

That answers my query, I can't believe that with this expensive rigs, we're having to worry about our clothing wearing the leather.
Never had that problem with my MBs.

Rafa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I was thinking about starting a new thread but figured id just chime in here that way, when it comes time for someone to search info they just have to look up one thread. If im breaking any rules or should just make my own, please PM me and let me know.

I purchased the Replica Running boards from the same guys.

let me just say that I have nothing but good things to say:

1) i ordered them on saturday and they were at my door by thursday
2) installation diagrams were included
3) all mounting screws were pre-installed in the running board itself
4) brackets are strong and strudy (someone on here made a comment that they look flimsy, i can assure you they are not)
5) the surface of the running board is a very nice plastic/rubber finish (someone also stated that it felt more plasticy not true at all, it feels exactly like oem)
6) the installation requires you to remove the plastic trim, all the mounting areas are already pre drilled and marked, just put the brackets on, and then reinstal the plastic trim but make sure you cut around the parts where the brackets fix onto the car (not a big deal at all the shop did this with a knife and scissors, u dont even need a dremel its pretty easy to cut through). After thats all done, screw/mount the actual running board make sure its aligned, and your ready to roll
7) install took my shop 3 hrs. landrover quoted me 2hrs and said it takes the entire time, so no bigge for my shop to take 3hrs considering theve never done it before.
8) I paid around $150 to instal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
put mine on. Seemed to take forever. had to cut the rubber strip off the very bottom of the door because it was rubbing on the running board everytime i opened and shut the door. infact, it rubbed so hard on the passenger side that it popped the side skirt off the door. I'm really hopeful that that rubber strip (which is connected to that rubber lip that comes off the bottom of the driver and passenger door) is not an essential part?? does anyone know? taking it off only made the rubber lip that sticks out at the bottom of the door, loose. otherwise no gaps or anything.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
So RED did you get the turkish boards or the OEM.?

Thanks for the pic. Looks money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I went with the Turkey boards. Took me a VERY long time to install. Did it myself and collectively took me about 8 hours. 4hours each side. ran into a couple "rub" issues with the bottom of the door and the boards. had to cut that rubber strip along the bottom of the door, off. all good now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
man! they took off the wheels and everything!? did you have any "rubbing" issues? the rubber strip across the bottom of the door was running so I had to cut mine off. still rubs a little on the drivers door but just barely. need to get back under with my carpenters knife and smooth it out a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
REDROVER said:
man! they took off the wheels and everything!? did you have any "rubbing" issues? the rubber strip across the bottom of the door was running so I had to cut mine off. still rubs a little on the drivers door but just barely. need to get back under with my carpenters knife and smooth it out a little.
You mean the rubber strip on the bottom of the door, it doesn't rub on the passanger side but on the driver side just slightly. I think its because they didn't make the top of the running board flush with the body of the car on the driver side, where as on the passanger side they did. Im going to take it to the shop when i get some time and tell them to realign it, i think thats all it needs. Yes they took of the wheels because they need to take off the rubber lining on the wheel well's to get the plastic strip off to find the spot where the running boards screw into.

Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I just received my pair but the instructions which came with it were not detailed at all. I removed the outer plastic trim, just tore it off, but I have no idea how to screw in the brackets, can anyone chime in??

Thanks!
 
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Top