RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool project! Just had a couple of questions!
1) how does the thing streams audio?
and
2) Is the mount removable?

I don't have an iPad right now, but I think I might be getting one and considering doing this!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I just keep mine up on the passenger seat, if I need it, I use it. Mount is kinda huge and kills all the interior lines IMO

Cool idea though, there have been some other ipad installs on other cars that came out real nice, the rover just isn't setup for it.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Ace 95 said:
whats the benefit of having the ipad vs the iphone? just the bigger screen??
Basically yeah, its faster and obviously bigger, but it's essentially the same thing minus the phone. I only picked one up because I do a lot of emailing all day and it makes life a little easier vs the small display on the iphone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3R10 said:
and

I don't have an iPad right now, but I think I might be getting one and considering doing this!
I wired a bluetooth receiver in the dash and used an aux input from the factory system. The sound is excellent.

The mount is removable in seconds

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realize the mount is a little large but I'm already working on a new mount with the same concept. I'm also making a really slim universal mount. I have tried to make the iPod move and it absolutely won't come out of the pod.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
AAD said:
I realize the mount is a little large but I'm already working on a new mount with the same concept. I'm also making a really slim universal mount. I have tried to make the iPod move and it absolutely won't come out of the pod.
cool project nonetheless, cars with low set double dinn accept the ipad pretty nice from what I've seen on youtube.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Very cool installation. I agree that the aesthetic integration could be better...but would I like it in mine? Hell yes 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
AAD said:
3R10 said:
and

I wired a bluetooth receiver in the dash and used an aux input from the factory system. The sound is excellent.

The mount is removable in seconds
Curious as to what bt receiver you used...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I prefer a mount like this, that just slips over everything..... but that mounts the ipad lower and covers the center AC vents.... can you make that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts