Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,872 Posts
lukyrange said:
Sorry to ask but how do you reset the adaptive valves? What's the process?
I assume you mean the adaptive values. I think you need Testbook or something similar.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,872 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
The valves do not require adjusting. One thing that should be done after a rebuild is to have your adaptive values reset so the ECU can relearn your new engine.
I don't think mine were ever done. I wonder how long it takes to relearn if it isn't done. Maybe I had better get out the diagnostic computer and find out how to reset them.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,872 Posts
lukyrange said:
HI all,

I just had my 1997 HSE engine rebuilt but had a local mechanic do the job (live in the south Biloxi). <snip>

Took the Range to a dealer at Mobile, Al. and they said the misfire is caused by the cynlinder 3 valve getting stuck at low idle (carbon build up).
How many miles since the rebuild? It seems odd that it would have a sticky valve due to carbon build-up so soon after being rebuilt.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,872 Posts
lukyrange said:
Btw p38arover, i had the engnie rebuilt first and the mechanic never rebuilt the heads.
I'm surprised he didn't do even a minor head service, e.g., decoke the valves, grind and lap them in, and fit new stem seals.

Doctor Leo said:
$110 is bargain to get an hour of a $100,000 a year tech.
Ruddy heck! That's a **** sight more than any mechanic in Australia would get. :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.