RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on the several deliveries on here… wiper issues, blind spot issues, trunk mechanism, etc.

I'm happy to say our vehicle exhibits none of these issues and quite frankly I tried to find faults before picking up the car, but we can't find any big issues with it. Sure the UI will take getting used to, but it works perfectly otherwise. All functionality that I could test out works, though I can't seem to find the option to turn on and off the daytime running lights.

Ride is surprisingly comfortable for 22" tires. I will be careful with this motor until my first oil change (usually 3000 miles), so I won't know how it launches yet, but without going over 3000RPM it seems to accelerate just fine. Braking performance is good and responsive. The steering is good, though it does lack a bit of feedback.

Finally interior finish is impeccable, and the executive style seats in the back are to die for. Very comfortable.
'
The only two issues I have is I can't seem to program the Homelink for my garage door opener, but perhaps our remote is broken since it can't open the door either, and the voice control is pretty much useless.

Definitely satisfied with this car and would definitely recommend it to our friends.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
Congratulations on the new Range Rover! What options, colors did you choose? Post a few pics when you have a chance.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Congrats! Post up some pics!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Sheesh, all these new MkIV owners, and no pictures!
I vote for no more threads unless pics are involved.....:lol:

Martin

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I know, by the looks of it Range Rover owners must be a bunch of very reserved folks! ;-) Every time I get a new car, the first thing I want to do is show it off to friends, family... and online.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Mine came in almost a month early as well. Will pick it up tomorrow, after they put different tires on. Just in time for some snow on Fri. :)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,765 Posts
Well I drove my fourth today and they have all been flawless and perfectly operating at delivery. THe first one I drove has been on the road a little over 3 weeks and my buddy says except for lousy tyres everything is fine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry. Pictures are coming.

S/C Autobiography. Santorini Black with Ebony/Ebony/Ebony interior. Shadowed Walnut trim. 22" Style 7 wheels. Executive style rear seating. 1700W Meridian Signature sound system.

Went into the garage to take some pictures. Otherwise it's too dark outside to take better pictures.

(If you right click and show the image in a new tab/window, it will be bigger)

Front left:

Interior front:

Interior front passenger side:

Back seats:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(As I'm limited to 4 images per post)

Back of the vehicle:

(The back here annoys me a bit as there is no mounting holes for the bottom screws of the license plate.)

Wheels:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
That's one classy looking vehicle, congratulations. Hopefully some more pictures of the whole car are coming tomorrow, but that interior looks pretty spectacular. How's the megawatts Meridian sound system?

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's fantastic. I hope you truly enjoy it. I'm over across the hall in the L-320 room, but I sneak in here for the pics. I think the Mark IV is just beyond stunning.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was nice and sunny out (though quite chilly); took out my trusty camera and took a few pictures of the car parked in the driveway.

Front quarter shot:

Rear:

Logo plate on the B-pillar:

Another full shot of the beautiful wheels:

How's the megawatts Meridian sound system?
The Meridian system is excellent. The comment I've gotten from everyone who has ridden in the car is there are too many speakers. There's one in every nook and cranny.

Comparing to my other vehicles, it is better than the Harmon Kardon Logic 7; more detailed highs and mids. The bass is quite substantial without mudding out the details. I've never listened to the regular or the upgraded 850W Meridian, so I don't have that for comparison; as such, I cannot say if it's worth the upgrade over the other systems.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
I like the walnut trim a lot. It looks like a great upgrade. I think that is the trim I would choose. And of course, those wheels are perfect. I think those 22's and the 21's are the best looking that Land Rover is offering on the new Range Rover.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
541 Posts
Nar,

I am curious about the ability to change the ambient lighting in the Autobiography (under the extra setting). What are the options? I this just for the over head lighting or do the lighting in the footwell change as well? Does your TFT change with the options?

Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nar,

I am curious about the ability to change the ambient lighting in the Autobiography (under the extra setting). What are the options? I this just for the over head lighting or do the lighting in the footwell change as well? Does your TFT change with the options?

Thanks.

Steve
The ambient lighting adjustment, in my opinion, is a lot more basic than I originally imagined. Your options are pretty limited to a few choice colors (i.e.: white, orange, yellow, red, blue. green, pink, purple—to name a few off the top of my head); a dozen so choices. The whole system runs under a gap between the interior trim on the doors and the center glovebox/cooler console both front and rear of the car. It can be adjusted in terms of brightness between 4 settings (there is an off option), even at maximum given that its intention is only to provide ambient lighting, therefore in the daytime, it's not even visible. The options only adjusts the little strip of light. The footwell as far as I can tell is the same as the dome and exterior illumination lights and cannot be changed without changing the color of the LEDs or cover (neither which I plan to do).

As for the TFT, it's only available in the while face (not the blue face on the other trims) and cannot be changed. Come to think of the it, the instrument cluster as a whole is pretty disappointing. Not only is the color not adjustable, I can't seem to be able to have the screen show a digital speedometer like I can only my other vehicles; it only shows that "Range Rover" logo during the entire useless, unless I have navigation on, or audio playing, etc. The whole part of the screen is if the sun shines directly on the screen, the glare means I can't see anything displayed; this latter part isn't exactly safe to say the least.

Here's a picture of the instrument cluster:

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
541 Posts
Under 'Setup' you have the ability to change the graphic. I believe that this was under screen saver (I left mine blank). I could not locate a digital speedometer option. I expected the ambient lighting feature to change the colors of the LEDs.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the only two options I saw was (1) "flashlight mode" which illuminates only part of the speedometer as per above, or if you disable that, it shows all the numbers at the same time, and (2) screen saver graphics (the choices being "Range Rover," "Analog clock," "Nothing," and "Meridian"). I will investigate this further. There are many things we're still trying to figure out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the only two options I saw was (1) "flashlight mode" which illuminates only part of the speedometer as per above, or if you disable that, it shows all the numbers at the same time, and (2) screen saver graphics (the choices being "Range Rover," "Analog clock," "Nothing," and "Meridian"). I will investigate this further. There are many things we're still trying to figure out.
Is this the case with all trim levels (Base, HSE, Autobiography)??

1 - 20 of 54 Posts