RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got into an accident this morning with my 1997 Range Rover P38 on the fwy. Airbags deployed and all. It will be deemed as a total loss. Only liability insurance on it so I am on my own with this. Need to get it out of tow garage. Need to find out if there is a salvage garage that will by the good parts left on the rover.

BTW, I am sooo sad that my rover is gone. Please help. Still very shaky about the whole dilemma.

lynda

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sorry to hear that about the accident. Maybe you can sell what's left of the P38 to Scotty?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ohhhh… I am so sorry, but on the bright side, you are okay! That matters muuuch more :) I wish you all the best. Now, on the practical matter, it all depends on what your future plans are. Myself, I would get another p38 and keep the parts for spares, or sell them myself! I have never heard of garages giving a good deal on damaged cars…

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I've had the oportunity to help Linda in the past, she and I have spoken were going to get the rangi to a friend of mine and see whats up with it. Stay tuned incase it becomes a parts car..

Scotty

·
Banned
135 Posts
Lynda,

I would list it on www.craigslist.org. I have bought and sold several cars on this site including my '99 P38. A few years ago I bought a 2000 Isuzu Trooper and a few weeks later I had a rod go through the engine in Montana. Back in Washington, I put it on Craigslist and sold it to a guy in Montana who went to his bank and wired me the money and I overnighted him the title. He went and picked up the car. A salvage yard will only give you $300 to $400 at most. I would put it on Craigslist today. Good Luck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was at a salvage yard in Ontario last week and they had $500 posted as the price they pay.
If it is going to a Junkyard, I want to know when and where!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Incidentally, I met a guy a couple of months ago who had his 1999 HSE engine blown up, and for his own reasons decided to get rid of it (he kept his Classic though). He told me that an independent LR shop offered him $600 for the whole thing, which was in pretty decent condition otherwise. He decided to part it out himself and made over $3K in 6 months, with just 3/4 of the car sold! And he was selling the parts dirt cheap! I guess it depends on whether you have the space available to keep it, the ability to part it out, and of course whether or not you are in desperate need for some cash.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, but at least you are alright. P38s are solid. Sounds like you talked to Scotty, so hopefully he will part it out. Doing it yourself can be a real pain in the arse and then you need to figure out what to do with the carcass.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Hey Guys, Linda and I made a deal on the her Rangi today! So sad, it was a nice one...
I have lots of photo i'll post them at the beginning of the week. Just to much damage to put back together. So will use it to keep others on the road..

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
So here is the follow as promised last week on Linda's Rangi. Linda's Rangi is now Scotty's Parts car! Photos as discussed.

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Oh for got a photo, my bad..

And for those of you who were wondering, Linda is now the proud owner of a 2007 Supercharged Sport! CAUSE THAT'S HOW SHE ROLL'S good for you Linda..

Attachments

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Bit of Bondo and a good buffing, it'll be good as new.....:lol:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Hmmmm this rig could be candidate for a project, that some one might have in mind...:think:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Hmmmm this rig could be candidate for a project, that some one might have in mind...:think:
Yeah, not like I have other stuff to do huh?
R&R the Rangey motor to fit a new torque converter
Fit the rooftop ac unit on the big rig.
Fit the wireless remote to the generator.
Wire the truck for 110v.
Fab the brackets to hold the slide outs for the generator.
Get all my stuff ready to haul the windmill blades again next month.
Whatever other stuff the big rig wants.
And that doesn't touch the honey do's when I get home Wednesday for a week or two off work!
Oh yeah, a couple of folks want sliders too.....

But now ye got me thinkin about it again...........wanker.:lol:

Martin

·
Registered
408 Posts
^^^^ and all that done before tea! Then a 17 mile uphill walk t pit, aye lad, kids dont know their born, no Hitler, ringworm, diptheria,.......

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Don't for get the bumper for Australia :lol: heheheheh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts