RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know that these questions have problably been asked thousands of times but I figure I'd ask away anyway. My 99 range rover has an Airbag fault message, and the srs light, the parking brake light, the traction control light, and ABS light are all on. However, this car has been hooked up to a diagnostic computer and is showing no issues. I have been told that I am going to have to spend the money to buy a new BeCM and have it installed. Before I go ahead and do this I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for trying something myself.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
820 Posts
You have becm failure.

It's a common problem when all the dash lights stay on. Another failure is when they all stay off & only the SRS light stays on.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Williams, complete your profile with location so we know where you are at. There are a few folks on here that can lend a hand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, I just installed my replacement BeCM that I got from Callrova USA, but I still have my abs and airbag faults, as well as my srs, abs, tc, and parking brake light on. Anyone have any more ideas? or is it time to take it to the shop?

·
Registered
640 Posts
n21williams said:
but I still have my abs and airbag faults, as well as my srs, abs, tc, and parking brake light on.
I think these will be faults still logged i the relevant ECU's and you will need either T4 or Rovacom to clear them, which may mean a trip to a Independant or a Stealer.I may be wrong but i'm sure someone on the forum will be able to say for sure.

Cheers

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
n21williams said:
Hey guys, I just installed my replacement BeCM that I got from Callrova USA, but I still have my abs and airbag faults, as well as my srs, abs, tc, and parking brake light on. Anyone have any more ideas? or is it time to take it to the shop?
I missed this thread first time 'round, but take it to PT:

http://btlrovers.com/

Don't tell him I sent you, he'll kill me for sending him a p38 with electrical issues....

actually you probably bought it from someone that didn't want to pay to have it fixed properly, so he may have already seen that one once (or thrice..)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey I should've posted an update for this topic. I did talk to PT about this and I was able to get rid of the SRS fault by spraying a precious metal specific contact cleaner on the plugs underneath the front seats. The ABS and TC and (!) lights were due to a faulty pressure switch. I was able to get one in good condition for very cheap and just swapped it with the old one and everything was fixed for about $100 and 30 mins worth of work... That was a good day.

Bad news is the truck is on its way to PT as we speak to have a new front differential assembly installed..

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
n21williams said:
Hey I should've posted an update for this topic. I did talk to PT about this and I was able to get rid of the SRS fault by spraying a precious metal specific contact cleaner on the plugs underneath the front seats. The ABS and TC and (!) lights were due to a faulty pressure switch. I was able to get one in good condition for very cheap and just swapped it with the old one and everything was fixed for about $100 and 30 mins worth of work... That was a good day.

Bad news is the truck is on its way to PT as we speak to have a new front differential assembly installed..

good deal!

and the front diff is a straight forward job, but a bit time-consuming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts