RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to post that I fitted a dice silverline pro for the bmw X5 to my 03 Range rover & in my oppinion it works very well.

very happy with the sound quality , and you can control the volume & the tracks from the steering whhel or Nav unit , your ipod charges at the same time.

the install of the hard ware is very easy -no wires to cut or modify, just plugs in to the stock cd changer harness. Getting to the back of the cd changer ( inside glovebox) is a bit of a pig though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
658 serg said:
just wanted to post that I fitted a dice silverline pro for the bmw X5 to my 03 Range rover & in my oppinion it works very well.

very happy with the sound quality , and you can control the volume & the tracks from the steering whhel or Nav unit , your ipod charges at the same time.

the install of the hard ware is very easy -no wires to cut or modify, just plugs in to the stock cd changer harness. Getting to the back of the cd changer ( inside glovebox) is a bit of a pig though.
Does the nav unit display text? If I was to upgrade to the MK4 nav will this unit still work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed this one about a month ago.

http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_info. ... cts_id=100

It has worked pretty well for me. It lets me control the ipod with the steering wheel, radio, and ipod itself. It also displays text on the nav screen or on the driver info screen. The nice thing about it was that it plugged into the radio control unit in the back of the rover so I didn't have to take out the glove box. The hardest part was taking off all of the trim pieces so that I could run the cable up to the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
AAD said:
658 serg said:

Does the nav unit display text? If I was to upgrade to the MK4 nav will this unit still work?
The one I got was only for 2003-2004 model years so I assume that if you did the mk4 upgrade it would not work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am ordering one tomorrow! I hate using a cassette adapter, reminds me of using a cd player in my mark 2 GTI in high school!lol

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
I'm confused as to why you wouldnt go for the intravee? Then you can control the volume and track with the steering wheel, and you get artist/track/album on the screen. It's not massively expensive either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did the whole intravee, glove box dismantling thing but I would have considered this had I known about it at the time. It looks much simpler and cheaper. I'd be interested if anyone who has this installed can post a photo or two of what the display looks like. The intravee works very well I have to say.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah the Dice lets you switch songs using the steering wheel controls. I don't have pics but it does display the song, artist, and album on the nav screen. It scrolls through these things in the area that would say the track # when you use your cd changer. It has a few different settings that allow you to use both the steering wheel and your ipod to control things at the same time or lock out the ipod and operate it(possibly with even more functionality) with just the rover controls. I have not tried out the second setting to know what it's all about.

Another thing that I liked about this set up is that all you have to do if you would like to go back to using your cd changer would be to unplug the kit's wiring harness in the back and put the cd changer fuse back in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RRMike said:
Yeah the Dice lets you switch songs using the steering wheel controls. I don't have pics but it does display the song, artist, and album on the nav screen. It scrolls through these things in the area that would say the track # when you use your cd changer. It has a few different settings that allow you to use both the steering wheel and your ipod to control things at the same time or lock out the ipod and operate it(possibly with even more functionality) with just the rover controls. I have not tried out the second setting to know what it's all about.

Another thing that I liked about this set up is that all you have to do if you would like to go back to using your cd changer would be to unplug the kit's wiring harness in the back and put the cd changer fuse back in.
What exact model is the Dice ipod adaptor? I've been looking for ipod kits and the factory Land Rover ones are pricey.
Thanks RRMike.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
808Range said:
What exact model is the Dice ipod adaptor? I've been looking for ipod kits and the factory Land Rover ones are pricey.
Thanks RRMike.
Have you tried clicking on the link that someone grciously provided a few posts up on your own, without someone else doing it for you? :think:

·
Registered
35 Posts
03rangiemark said:
808Range said:
Thanks RRMike.
Have you tried clicking on the link that someone grciously provided a few posts up on your own, without someone else doing it for you? :think:
No, because I meant to ask 658 Serg and mistakenly but RRMike.

So my question is to 658 Serg, which model is the Dice ipod adaptor you used? I'm interested in the one that you used to plug into behind the changer.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I think see your question. The I-range rover-T Dice adapter that I see in the link plugs into the CD harness at the computer in the rear of the Rover, NOT behind the changer.
Have you tried PM'ing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts