RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all, I have officially returned to the forum. After my original British racing green was totalled by the insurance co (at the hands of a knuckleheaded bad driving woman), I have settled and rather than purchasing a newer model, jumped from the frying pan straight back into the fire. I would compare my decision to buy the same 1998 4.6HSE with 96k miles identical to that of choosing to stay with a crazy, big-breasted, ridiculously-figured woman with a drinking problem: I know the baggage she comes with, but I'm in love with her t**ts and a**... :dance: However, I knew that with the support of my fellow friends here in the states and overseas, we can get through this initial period together.

Anyway, my girl has come with the typical issues. i've had the good fortune of a diagnosis by previous owner who heavily discounted it based on the fact that the repairs seemed very high. So, for $4100, I now own her.

Here is the diagnosis that I need advice on how to move forward:
1)Right/Left/Distribution Door motors
2)Heater core temp sensor
3)O rings

Other issues in case anyone is interested :D

Miscellaneous:
4)Muffler hole (I already own a perfect replacement)
5)Trans Gasket Leaking (Change Trans Kit)
6)Misfire #5 & #6 cylinder (please recommend what plugs and wires to buy)
7) Oil Pan gasket leaking (easy fix)
8) Valve cover gaskets leaking (going to try tightening them down and seeing what happens)
9) Needs two rear tires
10) Chip in windshield (fixing it tomorrow)
11) Tie Rod ends (like 3 are bad, lots of play in steering wheel) (Cheapest I found was $35 each, any suggestions?)

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
have fun.

Hopefully the plugs/wires clears up your misfire. It could be new coil time though, which would sort of suck.

It sounds like you already have a good handle on how to fix everything... so good luck with it. Maybe start a log or something.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a quick update. I know about the stickies for o-ring replacement and blend motors, but what I'm fuzzy on is what is the least I can do as far as dash disassembly in order to get my hands on the o-rings, sensor, and motors. I've yet to see a combined post.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha mags you're right but i dont wanna tear her apart for a week without a good plan. :D

what pics do you want?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anything really. Couple interior, couple exterior just to see the overall initial condition. It's the new toy, you gotta show it off a bit!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright ill try to add a few...sorry for no shots. :D i noticed after i bought it that there is a little fender ding under the door. I just picked up some michelins for her pretty cheaply, 50% treadlife remaining, great tires. All 4 installed, $140 in Baltimore. KNK tire. Great guys up there.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice, Very presidential :) Great deal for tires. Whats the sticker on the back?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts