RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to worry about ...?

The car is Deep Black / Cream and in MINT original condition, with 65kmiles.
There are No problems and it runs smooth, but i want to have it serviced prior to issues..

any suggestions on what I can do as part of recommended services..? or should I just drive it 'til it needs something..?

thanks and let me know

-IPXIH

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you don't have the full service history, I would change out all the fluids, so you have a base line to start from. Try and do it yourself, because it is easy and good knowledge to have.

Other than that, drive it and have fun.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
I am new to the MKIII - but from the local rover tech i did these things with mine - of course myself not at the dealer:

1 - Transfer Case fluid change
2 - Tranny fluid change - look for metal parts in the fluid - if there are some then be ready for a rebuild or replacement
3 - Fluid change on the diffs

I also replaced my expansion tank, radiator, hoses on the radiator (bmw converter/connector) water pump thermostat and expansion tank cap. But i may be more paranoid than most. All the above was not that much money since i did most of it myself - about $1k total.

Hope to be ready for another 60K miles.

JH

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much for the info.
i am mechanically inclined and have plenty of tools. Should I get all the oils from Rover Dlr only or local parts store..? I assume it will use BMW X series fluids..

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts