RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i just picked up my 06 RRS last week and so far im loving it
It came with the 22" CEC wheels on the but not keeping them for long i want the moz centerfold b with a color match lip in 22"
Also planning on painting all the black trim same color as the truck

Now I have a few question for all of you out there
I want to drive the truck on the lower setting I found this has anyone used this or have any feedback on it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Range-Ro ... 988wt_1167

I bought the RRS and it came with the factory rear entertainment (tvs in the headrest) for some reason there not turning on :doh: i know where the power is on the navi screen turned them on one played for a split second and never came back on but i hear the sound coming threw the speakers does anyone know of a fix for this what wires i can check ect

last is there any way to get the front screen to play dvds, also is there a way to add a back up camera (coming from a qx56 and it had one so now i fell like i missing something)

TIA for all the help guys...
here are some pics


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Ahh!!! I beautiful truck indeed. To answer some of your ???'s

There are some threads around here about color coding the gray trim on your truck. Check out page 5 of the "Show off your rover" thread. I have a red rover as well, and color coded the trim. check it out. Maybe you like it, maybe not, but you will know what your truck will look like if you code it.

Playing the dvd on the front screen has been done, It looked like a ton of work. Search for that one as well.

Let me know about the Rear DVD headrests. Mine just stopped working.
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
11,013 Posts
If neither screen turns on it could be a bad RSE module, I can't imagine both plugs for the rear LCDs coming loose off the RSE module at the same time. Have you tried to switch video inputs using either the remote or the supervisor menu on the front monitor, to see if you get any output at all? And you are absolutely sure the monitors are turned on, yes? The only other reason I could think of for video feed on te rear screens to die is extremely high or low temperatures (both LCDs will shut off until temperature is back within range.) The RSE module is behind the right side panel in the trunk - just in front of the DVD changer - if you would like to check connections. RSE system specs and diagrams here: http://rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/use ... ospecs.pdf
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
129 Posts
Nice truck! Are those CEC wheels chrome or silver? I might be interested in picking them up off of you. PM if interested.. I'm in Seattle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serb said:
Nice truck! Are those CEC wheels chrome or silver? I might be interested in picking them up off of you. PM if interested.. I'm in Seattle.

Yes there CEC wheels and there in silver but im in south florida
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umbertob said:
If neither screen turns on it could be a bad RSE module, I can't imagine both plugs for the rear LCDs coming loose off the RSE module at the same time. Have you tried to switch video inputs using either the remote or the supervisor menu on the front monitor, to see if you get any output at all? And you are absolutely sure the monitors are turned on, yes? The only other reason I could think of for video feed on te rear screens to die is extremely high or low temperatures (both LCDs will shut off until temperature is back within range.) The RSE module is behind the right side panel in the trunk - just in front of the DVD changer - if you would like to check connections. RSE system specs and diagrams here: http://rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/use ... ospecs.pdf

Yea the pass side tv worked a few time cutting in and out but the driver one never worked i will try to see if the connection is good and i know where you are talking about cause i just put a system in last night

thanks shaun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Shaun.

I don't see any issues with the lowering kit from "Ghost", which is pretty logical to understand but rather the other suspension components which have not been calibrated to allow for self-levelling, dynamic control when loaded or an allowance for towing.

Understandably entry mode is supposed to be when the vehicle is stationery (i.e. not moving), and underway the truck will rise to normal height mode. Your shocks will probably need replacing to compensate for the lack of rebound control or wheel travel ?
If you drive over the inside kerb of a roundabout at 30mph the cabin occupants feel nothing which is truly an amazing feat in the latest generation RRS's with air bellows, now try this lowered with 2 inches less suspension travel and guess what happens !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vinniman said:
Shaun.

I don't see any issues with the lowering kit from "Ghost", which is pretty logical to understand but rather the other suspension components which have not been calibrated to allow for self-levelling, dynamic control when loaded or an allowance for towing.

Understandably entry mode is supposed to be when the vehicle is stationery (i.e. not moving), and underway the truck will rise to normal height mode. Your shocks will probably need replacing to compensate for the lack of rebound control or wheel travel ?
If you drive over the inside kerb of a roundabout at 30mph the cabin occupants feel nothing which is truly an amazing feat in the latest generation RRS's with air bellows, now try this lowered with 2 inches less suspension travel and guess what happens !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

doubt i will or want to be running over any curbs at any speed :lol: thanks for your input tho...
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top