RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keyless entry fob works sometimes only. Standard key works fine. Just replaced the batteries.
Saw the advice to ensure all doors are absolutely shut as that may cause the problem. I think all the doors are but I'll slam them shut next time I drive.

Possibly related issue: Battery charge issues. Just got the Range Rover a few days ago so not a large time frame for this issue to pop up. Range Rover sat from 5:45 pm to 12:30 the next day, nothing exceptionally long but the battery was completely dead. Took a charge fine and has been ok since. Mechanic just replaced the battery saying it wouldn't hold a charge less than a week ago. Read other posts on battery issues and a lot of this stuff is honestly a bit over my head both in tools and technical knowledge. Any thoughts are appreciated. My first thought would be to wait for it to pop up again and if it does, start with getting a volt reader and see what is happening.

Floor mats - recommendations on places to buy one new driver side floor mat?

Missing a part of the letter "v" in "rover" on the front grill. Is there anyway to get a replacement?

Saw the sticky with the cruise control information, very useful stuff. How much time does this fix take and how expensive is the part?

I want to always keep a bag of accessories in the trunk but with nothing constricting the bag, it has a tendency to slide across the car during quick turns/stops. I'm sure this is a common issue, is there a way to prevent it? Buy a storage unit of sorts, if so, where?

I truly appreciate your help. I realize this myriad of issues should usually be presented one at a time on forums and I would be glad to break them down if that is considered best practice here. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Mats and Rover decals - Atlantic British, think you have to buy the whole Range Rover emblem.
Cruise control - Most common cause is leaking vacuum hoses which is covered well on the main site: http://rangerovers.net/repairdetails/cruisecontrol.html the two short hose cracks at the bends. Replacement hose is a buck or two from a hardware store.
Storage - Open the spare tire storage cubby and toss the styrofoam insert for holding the jack. Now you got room for your duffel. Got all kinds of stuff in mine. You can also find info on mounting hold down rings. Again on the main page or Search.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

For storage I had the same problem and did the following.

I bought a plastic storage box.
I removed the side trim in the boot and made slits in it.
Through the slits I stuck a luggage strap.
I fitted back the side trim and tied the box to the side with the luggage strap.

It might sound drastic to cut into the trim, but previous owner had destroyed its appearance by fitting stereo amplifier and removing it before selling on the car to me. Now the box covers up the unsightly holes left by the amplifier and wirings.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hopefully you will solve the battery drain issue. It seems that everytime [in various vehicles inc rr] when the battery went flat it was basically nackered from there on in. When ours failed [after body shop killed it] I just replaced it without going thru the procedures listed at the top of this forum, and all has been well. {delco 950 cca battery] So it might be a good idea to pass the info on to your mechanic if you don't feel comfortable doing it. To check for another possible issue ensure that the led light on the trans shift assembly goes out. If you havent seen it, look at night by the shift handle and you'll see the red led. It should go out in a few minutes if the becm is going to sleep. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I`m just drawing plans up to make a low level box out of mdf to cover all of the rear load after seeing one on a site with different draws in for everything including a shotgun only for licensed shooting I hope 8~ (can`t remember what site it was though) I`m going to have to remember to make a space for changing cd`s and I`m going to make it just high enough for our 2 border terriers to sit on so they can see us while were driving as all they do is jump up at the dog guard. I`ve taken measurements for our wellies, coats,rucksack,and all our bits and bobs I carry for the car,walking sticks and brollies.And cover the top in another rubber boot mat so the dogs don`t go flying every corner we take.Then when its the weekly shop it will all just sit straight on top of the box.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Solved boot prob with a "non slip rubber mat" bought mine for fiver from liddle, big enough for entire boot.
Have seen similar stuff sold by the yard in caravan dealer .
Velcro works well on carpeted side trim for tool bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts