RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Could use some help identifying a few plugs for things, if anyone knows...

Not sure where this little fella goes:

I imagine the three-wire is to move the mirror, but what is the two-wire for? Did these have heated mirrors?

Also this rando door plug:

Anyone know what this junk is?

Also here, the two green/black plugs and there are two single-wire plugs (one pictured) that are unidentified, in the console area. I am guessing they are instrument lights for the shifter/window switches, but I don't have a functional headlight switch to test that theory. I know the two lowers are for the rear cig lighter/light:

And then this guy by the computer, wasn't plugged in to anything:

Anybody want some garbage?? There is a pristine LH backup light lens in there, and other LH trim components. Also rear left door seals for the SWB:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On a positive note it is now starting without starter fluid... after sitting two weeks it started on the second two-second crank, with no footwork. Subsequently was starting right up on the first crank. I think the shifter business is getting better, but it is still having trouble catching reverse. Seems to never engage if going from N to R, but from D to R it will engage. Usually no problem with the forward gears, but sometimes. Could this be a fluid level issue? I have not checked it yet, but I did notice it is leaking at least a little.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
265 Posts
On a positive note it is now starting without starter fluid... after sitting two weeks it started on the second two-second crank, with no footwork. Subsequently was starting right up on the first crank. I think the shifter business is getting better, but it is still having trouble catching reverse. Seems to never engage if going from N to R, but from D to R it will engage. Usually no problem with the forward gears, but sometimes. Could this be a fluid level issue? I have not checked it yet, but I did notice it is leaking at least a little.
either it’s real low on fluid or one of the clutches are shredded. fully rebuilt units are about $800 shipped from ashcroft plus a $600 core charge

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sounds more like the valve body haveing problems...did you do a fluid and filter change

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes there is a drain plug ...
But I would also change the filter...
That requires removing the oil pan...
The cross member.... and the exhaust
Pipes from the manifold...
I had problem with the transmission
It the 92...
I replaced the fluid and filter..
It was a temporary fix.
I got another transmission and swapped it out...

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
265 Posts
Not yet, it is first on the agenda. Is it a pain on these? I'm assuming no drain plug?
drain plug is a 5mm allen key in the middle of the pan.

to drop the pan and get to the filter you have to bang out the crossmember under it, dipstick tube nut and then undo the 10mm bolts. filter is held on by T25s or 27s, i forgot

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you both for the info. Hopefully get to it this weekend before marshal law goes into effect.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts