RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few photos I snapped this morning.

I installed a new Land Rover bug shield:

...did some "serious" off-roading:

....and tried to get creative with my photography on a back-street:

....and I'm working on increasing the size of the photos (actually it won't be me, I've requested the assistance of an expert, UMBERTOB).

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
RRS2006 said:
Here's a few photos I snapped this morning.
That's a bloody big surveillance camera up on that pole to the left of frame!

·
Registered
160 Posts
OK,that s what I need ,a new temptation to buy more accessories ..another 150 bucks for the bug deflector on the `To buy list`

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shrek said:
OK,that s what I need ,a new temptation to buy more accessories ..another 150 bucks for the bug deflector on the `To buy list`
I have to admit, I'm not a big fan on the concept of the bug shield. I usually think of a rusted out 80's GMC pick-up with a piece of blue tinted plastic hanging off the front of the hood with some stupid slogan on it.

But you have to hand it to Land Rover, they know how to do it right. The design & engineering of this is extremely stream-lined. It fits very close to the front edge of the hood, so it doesn't stick out, plus if follows the body line of the hood, so it sits low enough that when I am driving I can't see it. In a sense, it almost like it is not there; other than the front edge of my hood is now black (and protected). The only thing I don't like, the screws that hold the plastic shield to the mounting brackets are exposed. Now, all it take is someone with a phillips screwdriver to remove the five mounting bolts and its their's (minus the mounting brackets - those are attached to the under side of the hood).

But I'm guessing that most people who are in a position to buy an RRS are not the "thieving" type. Please don't prove me wrong. :naughty:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Questions about the bug shield:

1. Do you remove the shield when you wash the car?
2. Is there any moisture buildup under if it rains?
3. Could it leave an imprint in the paint in excessive heat?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pmccr8 said:
Questions about the bug shield:

1. Do you remove the shield when you wash the car?
2. Is there any moisture buildup under if it rains?
3. Could it leave an imprint in the paint in excessive heat?

Since I hand wash my vehicle, no need to remove it. And since there is no lower curved lip on the bottom of the shield (like most bug shields), the water is able to run off the hood and shield and there is no where for the water to build / pool up.

On the back of the shield there are two silicone bumpers that are suppose to prevent the shield from actually touching the hood. Then, Land Rover provides two clear self adhesive squares that stick to the hood where the bumpers may come in contact with the hood. The thought is, if the bumpers do make contact with the hood on a regular basis, these clear adhesive patches will prevent any marks in your paint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put deflector on my sport hse 2012 and have to remove !!!
Installation was not complicated but need to use brain ... 3 middle metal clips holding deflector holding with plastic nut which was not showed on instruction
Look was nice i have black color .... But when i drive on highway over 40 deflector start to flip and vibrate !!! I was afraid this will fly away and damage my hood :-(
I look what was wrong with this part and i compared my bmw x5 ....
1- this plastic is thickness about only 1/3 of one on my x5
2 - vinyl bumper is only 2 of them , on my x5 - 5 !!!!

Now i will call to range to return
Other problem maybe one haves , on speed over 40 my steering wheel shake like bad rotor , but rotor was replaced and its very bad feel for me car is 2 month old

1 - 13 of 13 Posts