RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys<

I jumped my dead battery on an 2005 RR HSE and I head what sounded like a pop from under the hood and now:
  1. My Key FOB only locks and unlocked the everything but the driver side door.\
  2. Driver side window controls don't work for any windows..includes driver windows
  3. Can not move the outside windows with driver side controls
  4. When I am inside the truck the lock button only lock the other 3 doors but not the driver side door
I checked the fuses in the fron fuse box nothing is blown but I heard a pop when I was jumping the truck..what is going on?
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
71 Posts
This just happened to me after my door handle cable broke and I had to take the drivers door trim off. For me it turned out to be switch assembly in the door. The OEM part number is: YUD000291PUY. I bought one on Ebay used for $30 and it worked perfectly. It's pretty easy to install... there a video on Youtube on how to remove the trim. After that you just remove a few screws and a few wiring harnesses and that's it. Hopefully this works for you.

The only part that sucks is the brackets that are inside of the door trim are epoxied onto the trim and a few of mine popped off. I bought some good epoxy with a mixing tube and applicator gun and re-epoxied them. That did the trick. I was going to super glue them, but decided on epoxy in the end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts