RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the L322 forum I have been reading that some folks have added Johnson Rods to their cars to give an instant two inch lift. These rods just replace the connecting link between the frame mounted height sensor and the suspension mounting point . Seems that something similar could be fabricated for the P38. Comments?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Should have known the group would have this covered.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Another option you should consider is fabricating new spring mounts for the axles to give a greater lift. Then stay with the Dunlop air bags and recalibrate the ride heights accordingly.
Depends on whether suspension mods are allowed in Canada. Here in the UK, insurance companies don't like suspension mods and usually insist on an engineers report.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Its an easy fix,
you just prolong the fwd lower linkage arm on the fwd height sensors since that link arm is almost vertical. In the aft end I just dropped the whole sensor a bit further down ( a bit more work, since you relocate the installation and therefore need to modify the installations brackets ) But still not very complicated.

In addition some longer bumpstops / or bumpstops targets is an good idea., together with the 2 inch pluss shocks.

Thats what I did anyway:thumb:

Best regards Brage

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In British Columbia there are not government mandated vehicle inspections. We used to have emissions testing but that was done away with years ago as most cars were passing as the older ones were taken off the road. Also, accidents caused by vehicle equipment failure is much less frequent than those caused by driver error.
If you had an obviously highly modified vehicle and got in a serious accident I suppose questions could be asked. No problem with a 2 inch lift though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts