RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, whats the best VCI to use with JLR SSD?

I currently have a vxdiag & wanting to reinstall ssd onto my windows 8 laptop, but was just wondering what experience people have with the VCI

Thanks in advance

ASH

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi guy's, whats the best VCI to use with JLR SSD?

I currently have a vxdiag & wanting to reinstall ssd onto my windows 8 laptop, but was just wondering what experience people have with the VCI

Thanks in advance

ASH
I use mangoose cable with winxp works perfectly bought from aliexpress

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the info.

Can you please tell me what version of SDD you use? as ill need to update modules etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, whats the tranny module? (sorry if I sound a bit thick)

Im looking to recalibrate the air suspension height, program a new key & diagnose my most system, so hopefully, this will do it without to much of an issue.

Also, do you have any idea where I can get a download of it?

Thanks in advance again

ASH

·
Registered
924 Posts
What year truck? Can't use SDD to reprogram keys on models before 2009, unless you have the proper code and even then I don't think you can program the actual key. You may be able to match a preprogrammed key to the immobilizer, but you can't do it from scratch. The air suspension calibration is a pain in the butt, I had to do mine three times because if you are off by 3mm on any one height, the program fails the recalibration and you have to start all over again.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks, whats the tranny module? (sorry if I sound a bit thick)

Im looking to recalibrate the air suspension height, program a new key & diagnose my most system, so hopefully, this will do it without to much of an issue.

Also, do you have any idea where I can get a download of it?

Thanks in advance again

ASH
Dont update Transmission software

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know of any tutorials on SDD as i think ill need to update my keyless module to program the new key.

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Theres a guy on the site that knows how to do it on the 10+ model years, screen name is GHUR and he's in South Africa. Maybe send him a message.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts