RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,

Ive got JLR SDD software running on my laptop & it asks me to connect my battery to an aproved battery support unit.

Can anyone tell me of a cheap one? every one that ive seen is several hundred pounds.

Also, if anyone has got any tutorials for JLR SDD software, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

ASH

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
That is why I stopped using SDD, it's really difficult to get using on an aftermarket side.

What year truck do you have?

You can use any battery tender/charger.. It is so the ECU does not power down due to low voltage.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 4.4TDV8

I tried using a standard battery charger, but it says the same so im assuming that there isnt enough power being pushed in.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,151 Posts
Turn off your auto headlights (pull up the handbrake one klick if you have DRL), A/c system, radio, etc. That will kill most of your load. A normal 6 to 10A charger should be able to keep up with the load then. I've got a 20/200A charger starter and it keeps up fine on the 20A charge setting even with the headlights and A/C on. The voltage on the OBDII connector always seems to be about a volt lower than the actual battery voltage. Don't know why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts