RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JL Audio amp & Sub install cost opinion (estimate attached)

Hello,

I wanted to get an idea of what it would entail (how how much it would cost) to bump up the mid and bass in my 2011 RRS GT Limited which has the 13 (or so) speaker Harmon Kardon setup in it from the factory. I went to a local shop (have not been to one in over 10 years) to get some pricing and knowledge on how to best accomplish this. Here is what they quoted me:

-JL Audio XD600/1 mono amp = $470.
-JL Audio 10W3V3 (takes up a little more space, but can achieve a little lower bass) or 10TW3 (flat 10”) = $280.
-JL Audio bass knob = $40.
-Cable estimate (fusing, RCA, power/ground) = $75.
Labor 16.0hrs @ $99.75 per hr. (enclosure behind the second row seat, carpeted, amp mounted to enclosure, bass knob, interface to factory audio system, tune)

Subtotal = $2590.95

The cost for the parts seem reasonable but doesn't 16 hours of labor and cost per hour sound like a lot? This is not for a custom in the wheel well sub enclosure etc. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: JL Audio amp & Sub install cost opinion (estimate attach

16 hours sounds insane, at least without any more details. Can you get them to explain exactly what takes so long?
I'd definitely get quotes from a couple of other places too.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I got quoted 3,500 dollars because apprantley the owner of the shop has worked on dozens of ferraris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I got quoted 3,500 dollars because apprantley the owner of the shop has worked on dozens of ferraris
Ahh I was thinking the same, it is a high end shop in Bellevue. I need to look at some other places too then. Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts

LOL i didn't even think about it yes it was its systems unlimited in northup? hes supposed to send me an estimate within the week i guess i can look at your then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts