RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the Jag-based engines will start appearing in the Range Rover? I keep hearing various rumors and magazine speculations, but if anyone has any knowledge on this please share it with us!

Meanwhile it is shocking that the new LR3 has more HP than the Range Rover!!

Cheers

John

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
155 Posts
The Jag v8 will be in by MY06 along with exterior and interior changes.

The LR3 also has 2-300kg more to heave around :?

Cheers

Steve

G

·
0 Posts
Will there be an increase in HP with the new Jag engine?

How about the different trans modes--sport, manual shift? Are these supported or are they specific to the BMW engine?

I don't know which engine is in the LR3, but the BMW engine the 03-05 RR have is amazingly powerful and it rapidly moves a nearly 6,000 lbs. car. It's steady and responsive for the size and class of car.

dG

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
381 Posts
Derek Glickstein said:
Will there be an increase in HP with the new Jag engine?

How about the different trans modes--sport, manual shift? Are these supported or are they specific to the BMW engine?

I don't know which engine is in the LR3, but the BMW engine the 03-05 RR have is amazingly powerful and it rapidly moves a nearly 6,000 lbs. car. It's steady and responsive for the size and class of car.

dG
I was at the factory last week on a Home of the Legend outing. We did the full factory tour and saw several disguised RRs but also a few undisguised RR Sports. I beleive the next generation (2006 MY) will have a Jaguar V8 diesel suitably modified for LR. We did see an RR with loads of disguises over the bonnet (hood) and rear, but they could not disguise the the massive bonnet top vents and exhausts...... could it have been the supercharged V8?
Regarding the RR Sport, the cars we saw looked just like the 5 door versions seen in the UK motoring magazines recently. Unfortunately, in my opinion it looks awful with the sloping roof from the B pillar back - looks rather like what we call here the Ssanyongsan/ Daewoo Musso SUV........... pass the sick bag please!

G

·
0 Posts
Super charged Rover

Tim, I THINK (not know) but that "supercharged" rover..... do you think it was the RR sport?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts