RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
It doesn't look anything like the unit in RRs. Having said that, it's a long shot, but the motor itself looks similar.

BTW, what's wrong w/ your ABS pump? You know, there's a shop in North Hollywood that rebuilds ABS pump motors. Had mine done earlier this year.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I just wanted it for the ABS Accumulator, does any one know if they use the same ABS Accumulator?

·
Registered
701 Posts
buying a used accumulator is always a crap shoot. I did it once... NEVER AGAIN! I got mine new for $175 a month or so ago on sale.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I totally agree w/ lrscott. accumulators definitely have a short life span, and you kind of expect it when you have a rubber membrane immersed in brake fluid.

If you don't mind the wait, say around 3 weeks, ordering a brand new accumulator from the UK is the best deal. This is what I've done.

You can try Island 4x4 or several other options available in the UK-can't recall the other names at the moment. The price is around $98USD.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
59 Posts
Just thought I'd throw you a definitive answer before you waste your $$.. I tried this myself when I had my 1998 HSE and a 93 Jag Sovereign next to each other on the driveway.
The pipe fitting threads are different sizes. The accumulator thread is also different. The pump motor is a different size and its input flange and drive shaft do not line up..
So, to answer your question - No!
I ended up getting my brake motor rebuilt for $100 as that was the problem. It was done at a place in Portland OR where I used to live. Anywhere that rebuilds starters, alternators etc can rebuilt the motor.
As for the accumulator, I agree with TheoR and lrscott - waste of time and money getting used ones, they are still expensive if the dismantler knows what it is and I have never had one buy me more than 4 months before crapping out again.
That said, I would like to find a cheaper accumulator that will work, mine is practically at the end of it's life and even the $232 plus shipping etc one at autopartswarehouse seems a little steep given the simplicity of the stupid thing. I have considered making a thread adapter to use a different cheaper one, but when you consider the time spent buggering about and the potential safety concerns I will do as suggested and order one from back home in the UK. $98 is a bargain!
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
533 Posts
TheoR said:
It doesn't look anything like the unit in RRs. Having said that, it's a long shot, but the motor itself looks similar.

BTW, what's wrong w/ your ABS pump? You know, there's a shop in North Hollywood that rebuilds ABS pump motors. Had mine done earlier this year.
Hey man, which shop in NOHO?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey, Ikoinu, the shop is called Invasion Auto. Here's their homepage: http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/

From Burbank, can't be more than 15 minutes.

The shop looks kinda scary w/ whole bunch of junk lying around-The moment you enter the shop, you kinda see supercharger lying about, an abs pump lying here and there.... you get the idea.

However, they promised me an abs pump rebuild turnaround of 24 hrs, and they delivered on time. In fact, I dropped off my abs pump around 4pm, and was able to pick it up around 10am next day.

So, if you're having abs pump problem, I think it's worth it to stop over there.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes, thanks for the heads up. Might need to do a little something coming up, so it's good to have a shop reference.
Very close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts