RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I deflated (pretty sure, but will double check) my corners via IIDTool and went to jack the range up but since adding wheel offsets and bump stop extensions (from LK8) the range of my downward travel is so much that my trolley jack couldn't get the wheel off the ground. I'm trying to remove and replace the rear lower control arms (I've already broken the bolts) but need to pull them. My thinking is to set the car in locked access mode, jack up the rear lower control arm, set jack stands on the frame, remove the wheel, then take the trolley jack out from under the control arm, then do the reverse after swapping the control arm. Does this sound sensible enough? I have the lucky8 rock sliders but they are almost the same height as the frame rail.

I appreciate any advice or confirmations of sanity.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
763 Posts
You really needed to have set the vehicle at offroad height before jacking from the chassis though with the jack you are using spacer blocks will have been needed to get the car high enough off the ground to lift the wheel.

As you are questioning, an alternative is to simply jack from the lower suspension arms which will directly lift the wheel off the ground. Safety when doing this an important consideration as there is always a chance the jack could slip due to the shape of the arms. As you are intending to do, jack stands under the vehicle should also be used as a safety precaution.

Garry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts