RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I ordered my RR Sport P400e Hybrid. I am on time to change some things in the order. I cant decide between Ivory or black interior. Any thoughts about hoe the leather looks after a fee years?
Also, I want to use Spotify in the car. Does it come with in control apps and is it worth the extra 1500eur?
Thanks

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
297 Posts
I think ivory looks wayyyyyyyyy nicer.
Black leather can be optioned on a civic (not that there’s anything wrong with it). I personally make it a point to get the colour schemes available to the higher trims because it looks different and unique.

InControl is okay, if you use Spotify. I feel like Android or apple CarPlay is a much better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Black leather can be optioned on a civic (not that there’s anything wrong with it). I personally make it a point to get the colour schemes available to the higher trims because it looks different and unique.

Guess our FFRR SC is a Civic in disguise then.....
That has to be the most idiotic statement I've read on here all week. Congratulations.
Color choices are personal preference. I've yet to see any "proof" of anyone's opinion. What one person thinks is great, the other thinks is disgusting. Make YOUR mind up how to spend YOUR money. And no, you don't have to attempt to copy a higher level interior that you didn't buy.......smfh

Martin

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
Care to expand on that statement? why would accessing a third party music app be better through car play than the incontrol access or even Android Auto?

Umm... have you actually used both? The incontrol version used to work well, but now it is unstable. It theoretically allows more control of Spotify, but in practice it is unusable.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
"theoretically".

I have used neither. I don't do anything Apple, been on MS products since 2005/2006, been a beta tester for MS products since that time period. Been beta for Corel word processing and graphics since 2008. I still work closely with Maya for video production updates...

Never apple products though. I have never been "kewl" enough to grasp their overpriced obsession.

I listen to my sirius life time receiver account and a couple of local stations. I have no need for streaming services. and the question was not "both". You had three options to address because JLR folks have three options at their disposal. So have your tried Android Auto? I have. It is flawless, speedy and easy to use. For us Android folks it is great.

i have set up several folks here at the shop on Android. They are in pure heaven when they leave.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
"theoretically".

I have used neither. I don't do anything Apple, been on MS products since 2005/2006, been a beta tester for MS products since that time period. Been beta for Corel word processing and graphics since 2008. I still work closely with Maya for video production updates...

Never apple products though. I have never been "kewl" enough to grasp their overpriced obsession.

I listen to my sirius life time receiver account and a couple of local stations. I have no need for streaming services. and the question was not "both". You had three options to address because JLR folks have three options at their disposal. So have your tried Android Auto? I have. It is flawless, speedy and easy to use. For us Android folks it is great.

i have set up several folks here at the shop on Android. They are in pure heaven when they leave.
No experience with android auto. I’m sure it works great. No need for you to get defensive about it (kewl). The point is that eur1500 for incontrol is ridiculous when there are better and cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had 4 vehicles in a row with light interiors. Light Silver, Ivory, Light Oyster, and now in a Cirrus/Ebony Sport SVR. I personally love a light or two tone interior but yes it's all personal preference. In the past I've found them quite easy to keep clean and they've always looked great after years of driving.

However this product is just amazing:
https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/l1-leather-guard-ab

"leather guard" from gtechniq. Just spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber towel and let it dry. It totally stops blue jean dye transfer from appearing and I'm shocked how well this stuff protects. And I wear jeans every day. I totally recommend it. Just for good measure I apply it again every 3 or 4 months but I don't know if you even have to.

And yes, Spotify works significantly better with CarPlay than with InControl. It was basically unusable with InControl.

Hi
I ordered my RR Sport P400e Hybrid. I am on time to change some things in the order. I cant decide between Ivory or black interior. Any thoughts about hoe the leather looks after a fee years?
Also, I want to use Spotify in the car. Does it come with in control apps and is it worth the extra 1500eur?
Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had black, cirrus, and ivory. Both of the light colors held up well as long as you keep up on cleaning. They do tend to show blue from jeans pretty easily, but cleans up nicely if you don't let it get too bad. I have vintage tan on my current one and I love it. It's really a beautiful color. So as many have said, its personal preference totally as all the interiors are really great. But the leather holds up really well and cleans up nicely on the lighter colors. Pick the one you will get into daily and love.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

InControl is okay, if you use Spotify. I feel like Android or apple CarPlay is a much better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All personal opinion. The cloth seats available on the first year GMC Acadia were so much nicer than the leather but yet you needed to order leather to get a sunroof which is just dumb. Sunroof for more important so we got leather. White is the most boring color to put on a car, plain and can tend to look ugly and make the vehicle not look as good as the same vehicle with an actual color but yet the Galendewagen, RRS, S Class, etc are available in white. I would never buy a white vehicle aside from my work trucks or my Defender because beggars can't be choosers. See all personal preference.

Guess our FFRR SC is a Civic in disguise then.....
That has to be the most idiotic statement I've read on here all week. Congratulations.
Color choices are personal preference. I've yet to see any "proof" of anyone's opinion. What one person thinks is great, the other thinks is disgusting. Make YOUR mind up how to spend YOUR money. And no, you don't have to attempt to copy a higher level interior that you didn't buy.......smfh

Martin
Agreed

Had I ordered my truck instead of getting a left over I would have chosen a different color than black but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go with the black / a darker color unless you want to constantly protect / maintain the ivory ... I have a 2017 RR HSE TD6 with the light brown color ... its a pain. My wrangler rubicon with black leather is so easy in comparison .... but I live in Colorado, hiking / biking / dog’s etc, if you are more of a city dweller then the light color may be OK. Also, apple carplay is great, strongly recommend the product (and yes its worth whatever they are charging) we have it in a Macan and i wish my RR had it. Any future car will have CarPlay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts