RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we replaced a bad starter. The battery is installed and has 12v but nothing works. Not even the dome light or hazard lights. Is there a main fuseable link or something that can be blown. 91 range rover.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are you sure you installed the starter correctly and haven't run the +ve feed to earth? Disconnect the wiring to the starter and see what happens.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure how hooking up the starter wrong would cause all electrical items not to work. Good Lord, if hooking up an electrical item incorrectly caused the whole car not to work, then no Land Rover product would work off the assembly line.

I'd be checking something along the lines of the fuses, like you already suggested.

Colin

·
Registered
523 Posts
If the main positive feed from the battery was accidently run to earth, then nothing would work. Could easily be done on a starter swap.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had my car towed back to my place one night, only to find out the earth connection to the battery was dodgy :oops:, the whole car was just dead. The clamp looked clean and was tight, however it was a no go. I've now got one of those terminal cleaner thingamajigies. Ditto for the positive post I suppose.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
I bought a 90 range rover classic that has been sitting for over a year and with a boost everything is dead. Any help would be great :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
MudSir said:
I bought a 90 range rover classic that has been sitting for over a year and with a boost everything is dead. Any help would be great :thumb:
Well help us by letting us know what you have done so far. Was it running when it was parked? Do you have any history? Have you checked the basics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts