Range Rovers Forum banner

Issues with inability to connect Android phone to Range Rover Westminister

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Davem 
#1 ·
Issues with inability to connect Android phone to Range Rover Westminister

Good Morning:

I am having issues with connecting my HTC One Android phone to my Range Rover Westminister vehicle. It is a 2008 and I have never had issues with connecting a phone to a vehicle before. I am able to pair the phone and truck without an issue, it will briefly show it is connected then on its own disconnect. Is anyone else having this issue or have had this issue and know how to correct? I have spoken with the dealership and they are trying to tell me some garbage about service connection etc.which I know has nothing to do with it since if it did my phone in general would not get service-suggestions/thoughts?

One more question, my outside temperature no longer register, anyone know what may have caused that? Thanks!

#2 ·
Re: Issues with inability to connect Android phone to Range Rover Westminister

What version of android are you running? I've had some issues with kit kat myself.... google included some fundamental changes to the bluetooth stack. In my case, I had to delete the phone, and even go so far as to change the language in the car system and then switch it back to english before I could pair it properly. It worked fine after that. Yours may not be the same problem though.

#3 ·

For reference really....
I've just got a 2005 Vogue and My Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 connected fine and the phone book was available too.
Just tried my wifes HTC One running 4.4.2 and it does exactly the same that the OP mentions with his.
I'm wondering if it's had it's '8 pairings' but there doesn't seem to be any way to 'see' what pairing that there is... Bit annoying.

#4 ·

Bit of an update. I tried again with the pairing and this time I refused to let the car read the address book but did say yes to allowing it to read the file contents of the phone..?
Anyhow, it did connect and stay connected this time but the call dropped about 10 seconds into it.
I'll have a play about tomorrow agin with it, see if I can narrow down what/why the differences might be.
My gut feeling is something to do with the phone UI or the manufacturers software, in HTC's case the Sense UI. The Nexus series of phones have no extra UI or software beyond stock android.
Since both phones run the same version of android the other differences will be down to the bluetooth module the UI uses and how the UI deals with incoming connections...

#5 ·

Another update.
Had a look into some possible alternative bluetooth apps which I thought might bypass the original phones UI. Found and installed this
http://www.appszoom.com/android_app...ile-transfer_fmm.html?ref=from-search-results

which althoughis mainly a BT manager, it shows and controls the bluetooth connections including pairing with cars.
Anyway, I tried to use it to connect to the Rover bt and after running through some setup stuff it eventually failed due to it not finding the required transfer protocols.
However.
I removed it, switched off wifi, mobile data bluetooth then restarted them all and the phone connected to the car first time and stayed connected.
THer was no syncing of address books but I thought I'd see if the calls worked.
They did. Outgoing and incoming worked fine. Clear enough and not dropping after a few seconds.

Can't say if the above app installed or changed anything from before, (in theory is shouldn't have) but thats what I did and now it's working. Well it's staying on calls.
Might just be a gremlin in there somewhere. but in the interests of sharing, it might help someone somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.