RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying problem with my heater in my MY08 RRS. Here in VA it can get down in the teens in the mornings (that’s extremely cold). I start my car and let it warm up for a minute or so. Then I drive about 15 minutes to work. And the vents only start to blow semi warm air once I arrive to work. My 99 Lexus gets hot after 3 minutes of driving. Can anyone lead me in the right directions to solving this annoying issue? Or is this just a RR thing I’m unaware of?

Thank you!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Until the engine comes up to temp the climate control has no heat source. If your temps are in the teens it's going to take longer for the engine to warm up. It's basic physics. If there is no warm coolant in the heater core then there is no heat to transfer into the cabin. So there really is nothing to solve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until the engine comes up to temp the climate control has no heat source. If your temps are in the teens it's going to take longer for the engine to warm up. It's basic physics. If there is no warm coolant in the heater core then there is no heat to transfer into the cabin. So there really is nothing to solve.
I have noticed that warm air comes out of the passenger side once the vehicle gets warm. And my drivers side doesn’t get that hot

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
I have noticed that warm air comes out of the passenger side once the vehicle gets warm. And my drivers side doesn’t get that hot
These are the kind of important items we need to know in initial posts. There is a big difference between being impatient / having no heat and having heat on only one side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are the kind of important items we need to know in initial posts. There is a big difference between being impatient / having no heat and having heat on only one side.
You are right. Tomorrow morning, I will start it (cold) and really pay attention to the engine temp, along with the heat and time it takes. Will post on it tomorrow. Thank you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: I have found out that after the truck gets warm, only the passenger side blows hot air. The driver side constantly blows cold air. What would cause it to do this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts