RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted under the Ambient Lighting thread, but thought I'd start a new thread that's particular to the latest software update so it's easier to find and track.

I had the 18D update before the holidays. All was well for many starts/restarts and it definitely solved the Ambient Lighting issue of the settings not saving between starts. I was certain we had turned a corner.

Today I got into the RRS in the morning after it sat over night. When the doors opened, the Ambient Lighting (which usually comes on close to instantaneously) took a few seconds to turn on - ok no big deal, but it did cause me to pause and think something might be up.

Started the truck and heating settings were lost from my previous night - and reverted to "Lo" - ok, again not a huge issue - changed it back to the settings I had from the night before, but after another restart - it did not save it - went back to "Lo". However, on the 3rd restart - it saved it to the previous setting of "70 F".

In combination with the above - Bluetooth wouldn't connect to my iPhone. Rebooted the phone - nothing. Tried to re-pair the phone to the car and it had a hell of time. First, the Bluetooth screen on the RRS was completely blacked out and I could not press any of the options (they were greyed out). Restarted the truck a few times - same thing. At one point it came back to life, but pressing the options under the RRS Bluetooth screen changed the lower screen from the Vehicle screen to the Seats screen. Finally after multiple attempts, the Bluetooth screen allowed me to press "Pair New Device" and the phone paired as expected. So far everything seems to be back to "normal".

I wish I knew what combination of things I did the night before that led to the software hiccup, but I don't. Seems crazy that the software would arbitrarily deviate from the consistent behavior of the last several starts/restarts.

When I went in to get the update, the Service Manager did warn me that people were having issues with Bluetooth, however I had such good luck for weeks. I thought we turned a corner.

Anyways, fingers crossed. If you have issues - post them here so we can get a sense of what's going on with 18D.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh lovely! I'm expecting delivery of a 2019 Sport within a week, and I was going to insist that they make sure the latest 18D update was installed before they hand it over to me. Guess I'll hold off on that! Would rather have working Bluetooth than the truck remembering my ambient lighting preferences...haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far it seems to be holding the temp and bluetooth settings after having the morning issue described above. Bluetooth phone and Spotify work as they did previously. Ambient lighting still good. Not sure what caused this momentary hiccup.

I'll continue to monitor and if nobody else with 18D posts issues - I'd maybe ask for the update. It's no less stable than 18C and does seem to resolve at least the lighting issue.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
I'm on 18C and recently had the temp start at Lo. I thought maybe it was purely user error, but after reading this it sounds like yet another gremlin in the code. It's only happened once, knock on wood, but I think we can be sure it wasn't introduced in 18D.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
+1, it happens every now and then. 18C here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the 18D update after taking my ‘19 SVR to the dealer twice because of Bluetooth issues, ambient lighting, and maps not showing up in the center instrument panel when in 2-gauge view.

Well ambient lighting seems fixed, and now maps in the center instrument panel seem to now always show up instead of just a picture of the RRS.

Bluetooth seems to be working fine... it connects to the car much quicker... just doesn’t always auto-play Spotify (have a feeling it’s internet/app sleep related on an iPhone XS).

The only issue I seem to have now is the climate control. It happened before 18D, but sometimes even though I have the car set to 70 degrees and A/C on, it’ll blast me with super hot air for like 20-30 seconds on start up then apply my A/C setting. Other times, it’ll just decide to randomly turn off A/C but keep my stored temp. When I try to turn A/C back on, it won’t take at first.. I have to do it a few times for it to stick. It’s never just gone to Lo. So those are my climate issues.. annoying and hopefully will be fixed soon.

On a side note, I don’t like how unresponsive some of the buttons are and not sure if it’s software-related. For example, the start button sometimes I have to push twice to get it to work. The Homelink I have to sometimes click twice for it to work. The rear tailgate close button... same thing. Each time I’m pushing hard enough to hear the mechanical click but it doesn’t take sometimes. I’ve trained myself to really mash the buttons in now but even still it doesn’t take 100% of the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The center instrument panel is set via the menu button on the steering wheel. There are several choices, i.e. Map, Trip info, media. Once selected the item is selected it becomes the default.

In the lower panel select setting and then select climate. You can then chose the strength of the AC at start up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only issue I seem to have now is the climate control. It happened before 18D, but sometimes even though I have the car set to 70 degrees and A/C on, it’ll blast me with super hot air for like 20-30 seconds on start up then apply my A/C setting. Other times, it’ll just decide to randomly turn off A/C but keep my stored temp. When I try to turn A/C back on, it won’t take at first.. I have to do it a few times for it to stick. It’s never just gone to Lo. So those are my climate issues.. annoying and hopefully will be fixed soon.
i also have had the hot blast at start up happen a few times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I’m aware... in software prior to 18D in my vehicle, when maps was set the way you described, it wouldn’t load the maps on some startups. It’d just show an image of a RRS. I’d have to keep manually toggling Maps on and off in the settings to get it show. With 18D, Maps displays as intended in the middle of the two gauges consistently.

The A/C issue is that it a) doesn’t consistently remember A/C being on and leaving it on and b) blasting me with hot air for 30 seconds on some startups before starting the cool air.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the switch to "Lo" on mine when I got it - it was on 18B, so it's not new.

They did the 18D updates yesterday when they finished all the we owe items on the car. Phone reconnected just fine and Car Play works. So nice to have Waze as the nav and easy access to Spotify :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh lovely! I'm expecting delivery of a 2019 Sport within a week, and I was going to insist that they make sure the latest 18D update was installed before they hand it over to me. Guess I'll hold off on that! Would rather have working Bluetooth than the truck remembering my ambient lighting preferences...haha.
18D solves for way more problems than it creates - I would ensure that you have that version of code upon delivery. This version also enables OTA updates, which will save you dealership time in the future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone with 18D experienced their lower touchscreen go blank while driving and just show a thin flickering line across the bottom of the screen? This happened to me when I first got the vehicle last July, but after a software update it never came back until today.

What’s odd is that even though the screen / climate controls are blank, you can still press on them where all of the functions would normally be and get a response. While it looks like it’s hardware related, the fact that everything functions as normal and it was fixed in the past with an update leads me to believe it’s software related.

I took a video and included a screenshot of a paused frame. That purple line at the bottom of the lower touch screen is what flickered. Once I turned the car off for a while and back on everything functioned normally. Very annoying that it happened twice in one day though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the 18D update applied and whilst I can play music from my iPhone to my car I cannot make or receive phone calls via the car when connected. Even when connected it’s clear something is not right with Bluetooth as the settings of the connection on the iPhone (we’ve tried 3 different ones) are empty. The dealer came to my house to have a look and booking it back in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
Had the 18D installed on my 2018 PHEV RRS and no android only apple carplay is available in the menu's
Dealer tried to convince me it's specific for Belgium market that android is not available !
Difficult to agree as my daughter's car a small Fiat 500 has both available!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,
Had the 18D installed on my 2018 PHEV RRS and no android only apple carplay is available in the menu's
Dealer tried to convince me it's specific for Belgium market that android is not available !
Difficult to agree as my daughter's car a small Fiat 500 has both available!
I got the same response from the dealer. No Android auto for Belgium. It seems an issue with the license. Hopefully soon solved...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts